he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
rsnprocess

he Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know. He makes me lie down where the green pastures grow. He

Post by rsnprocess » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 pm

This is a beautiful trio that I cannot find anywhere. What I remember are the verses; I cannot remember the chorus at all.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 pm

I've been looking for this song too. Here's what I remember which may be all of it. One or two of the lines may be iffy.
The Lord is my shepherd, no want shall I know.
He makes me lie down where the green grasses grow.
He tenderly leads me where still waters flow
His peace restoreth my soul.

His word is a light when I lose my way,
A lamp to my feet when I go astray.
His goodness and mercy are mine every day.
My cup runneth over with love.

And when in the valley dark shadows appear,
He'll walk beside me no evil I'll fear.
He'll carry me over into a land
Where I will stand
With Him forevermore.

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 am

The Lord is my Shepherd ,no want shall I know
he makes me lie down where the green pastures grow
he tenderly leads me where still waters flow
his peace restores to my soul

His word is a light when i loose my way
A lamp to my feet when i go astray
His goodness and mercies are mine everyday
my cup runneth over with joy

And when at the river I'll take my stand
My shepherd is waitng to take my hand
he'll carry me over into that land
Where i will dwell with him forever more

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 am

I'm very glad to find this. I have sang this song for more than 30 years but couldn't remember the middle verse. Sang the other two to my mother as I held her in my arms while our Great Shepherd carried her over into that land where we will all dwell with Him forevermore. Thank you for helping me remember the missing verse.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:41 pm

I was raised in a Catholic orphanage, though deaf since birth, wore hearing aid and heard it this way, and have always loved this. But of course, years have passed and memory is probably at fault. Best I remember is short verses --
"The Lord is my Shepherd, no want shall I know, He leads me in pastures where cool waters flow." ... (last verse) "His goodness and mercy, forever will last, His goodness and mercy forever will last." I know some verses but probably have mixed them up and your verses have brought them to mind. Thank you.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 pm

When I was in 6th grade we sang this song with these first lines
"The Lord is my Shepherd, no want shall I know,
He leads me in pastures where cool waters flow,
Beside the still waters in safety I rest,
With love and protection my spirit is blessed" (repeat this line)

I must have looked in a hundred different hymnals since then, and I cannot find these words exactly like this, nor can I find the harmonies exactly as we sang them. Yet I am quite sure I am not remembering them wrong.

The song made quite an impression on me, as it was one of the first times I had sung harmony.

Anyone? Help?

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm

The Lord is my Shepherd
No want shall I know
He makes me lie down
Where the green pastures grow
He tenderly leads me
Where still waters flow
His peace He restores to my soul

His Word is a light
When I lose my way
A lamp to my feet
Lest I go astray
His goodness and mercy
Are mine everyday
My cup full of gladness
Runs o'er

And when at the river
At last I stand
My shepherd is waiting
To take my hand
He'll carry me over
Into that land
Where I will dwell
With Him forevermore

And when in the valley
Dark shadows appear
With Him close beside me
No evil I'll fear
His rod and his staff
Give me comfort and cheer
Forever I'm safe in his arms

His Word is a light
When I lose my way
A lamp to my feet
Lest I go astray
His goodness and mercy
Are mine everyday
My cup full of gladness
Runs o'er

And when at the river
At last I stand
My shepherd is waiting
To take my hand
He'll carry me over
Into that land
Where I will dwell
With Him forevermore

Jimmy and Carol Owens Songbook (circa 1972)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:26 am

I've been looking for the sheet music to this song - the exact lyrics posted by "Guest" on 9/30/13. I hum it all the time, and back in the early 80's I had a songbook that included the song. Now I can't find it anywhere. Any idea where I can get a scan of the music?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:01 am

I, too, had a plastic-wirebound songbook with this song in it, but apparently lost it in a housefire. I have been unable to locate this in any other venue and I have searched many. Most by the same title are not the same song, and the ones with the lyrics as provided by Guest on 9/30/13 had such a moving, beautiful melody. If anyone knows where we could find a songbook or sheet music with this version of The Lord Is My Shepherd, please be kind and share that info with us. My email is [email][email protected].[/email] Thanks!

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:31 am

I too sang this version of this hymn back in the 50s. Would love to know where I could hear it once again. May small group is studying the 23rd Psalm right now and it brought back good memories of this song.