acres of diamonds - arthur smith

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:12 pm

I remember a fair amount of this hymn, and am hoping to find not only the lyrics, but where it might be in a hymn book, or sheet music.

This is by Arthur Smith of North Carolina, who did so much wonderful Christian music, in addition to a whole bunch of popular stuff.

Acres of diamonds, mountains of gold, rivers of silver, jewels untold: all these together couldn't buy you or me peace when we're sleeping or a conscience that's free; a heart that's contented, a satisfied mind: these are the treasures money can't buy. If you have Jesus, there's more wealth in your soul than acres of diamonds and mountains of gold.

George Beverly Shea performed it, so I know it should still be out there in someone's brain!

Jay
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:03 am

Tonight as I was searching amongst my late mom's music for a certain song I found a George Beverly Shea gospel music book and the song you are wanting is in it. The book is "George Beverly Shea-Inspirational Gems" with the Book Design Copyright 1978 The Big 3 Music Corporation, New York, NY

The song Acres of Diamonds
words & music by Arthur Smith
on pages 14 & 15

Acres of Diamonds, mountains of gold,
Rivers of silver, jewels untold;
All these together, wouldn't buy you or me
Peace when we're sleeping or a conscience that's free.
A heart that's contented, a satisfied mind,
These are the treasures, money can't buy;
If you have Jesus, there's more wealth in your soul,
Than Acres of Diamonds, mountains of gold.

Repeat

Copyright 1959 by Clay Music Corporation
5457 Monroe Road P.O.Box 17551
Charlotte, N Carolina 28211

Maybe this would help you in finding a copy of the song. Good luck.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Would anyone have the music that I could buy for the song "Acres of Diamonds". I would like it for a man to sing in our church.

Please respond to [email][email protected].[/email]

Thank you.
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 pm

I found it. I have the sheet music, lyrics, etc, to Acres of Diamonds. Man was that hard to accomplish!

I would be willing to share if others ask directly.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:16 am

acres of diamonds is on an album by buddy gibbs from n.c. im a distant
relative of his but have lost touch. i would like to order some or all of his
albums on cd.can someone help

thanks

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 am

zcomposer

I am a guest.

I used to know Acres of Diamonds lyrics. We had 2 or 3 verses and sang it a lot back in the 70's. I would like to be able to sing it again at our monthly song-fest. Will you kindly foward the words to my email address?

[email protected]
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

I typeset the sheet music to Acres of Diamonds and am willing to share if you'll email me - [email][email protected].[/email]

I have written and called Arthur Smith, Clay Music Corporation, and anybody else I could find that has a registered interest in the music. Nobody has answered yet in these almost four years since I started looking! Still, the Lord bless Mr. Smith for this and others of his works in song.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

I need the music to, Acres of Diamonds" as George Beverly Shea sang it. Does anyone have this music?

Post by Guest » Mon May 03, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks for the lyrics and offer of sheet music to "Acres of Diamonds." I would like to know if there is anywhere that I could get a this piece sung by George Beverly Shea. If so, please email me at [email protected] .
zcomposer

Post by zcomposer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:18 pm

As I noted above, if you write to me, I am willing to share. I had it then, and I still do. Please use the email [email protected] since I do not check this forum often.