In a manger lowly

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Aroni

Re: In a manger lowly

Post by Aroni » Sat May 30, 2020 1:08 pm

:ugeek:
Guest wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:17 pm Growing up there was a song always sung at midnight mass on christmas eve. I know it was called "In a Manger Lowly" because I was in the choir and sang it every year. Here are the lyrics:

In a manger lowly, sleeps the heav'nly child
O'er him fondly bending Mary Mother mild

Then haste and let us welcome
with joyous happy lay
the infant King of Glory born for us today.

come to bethlehem come and see
him who's birth we sing
come adore on bended knee
christ the newborn king

Then haste...

I would love to find this recording or the sheet music. Thanks!
Can someone please give me a tune to this song?
Christine Introna

Re: In a manger lowly

Post by Christine Introna » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 pm

I have been looking for this song for years... Please scroll down to the writer from Gainesville Fl that sang this song at Midnight Mass in the '60's . My remarriage name was Christine Nadeau. I belonged to St. Patrick's in Gainesville then and went to St Patrick's school that was built then and taught by Sisters of St Joseph. I have been looking for Sister Mary Gemma for years. She and 2 other nuns lived in a little house and always had 2 Irish setters with them ... Father Gross was pastor and there was a Father Michael Gannon who preached and a Father Saeger (sp?0 ) I was President of student body in 9th grade and in the first graduating class of 10 people who went over to Gainesville High School. I sang in the choir for years. Miss Latin and Gregorian liturgy to this day. Loved the Requiem masses too. I think sister Mary Gemma was in the Washington DC area at one point. Father Robert Farmer was at St Patrick's when I was there. I alway loved this song but could never find it. I ended up attending St Louis University then moved to Chicago. I was a pediatric ICU nurse for most of my life. I now live in Atlanta.
I have sung this song to several Catholic priests like the other guest writer who was at St Patrick's in the 60's. I would love to be in touch with that other writer. I am sure we must have sung together. AND we both love this song and searched for it:~))))) I would also love to find dear Sister Mary Gemma if she is still alive. What a wonderful teacher and human being. th
Thank you for the song. It's December 1, 2021. I will be singing it all month for sure.
Definitely one of my favorites!!!! Who knew I would find this at 71:~))? NOW if I could find Sister Mary Gemma and Father Farmer!!! How wonderful would that be. If you could put me in touch with that other writer, it would be wonderful. Warmly, Christine (Nadeau) Winters Introna