Fallen Leaves not for sure if this is the title or not

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
avilb

Post by avilb » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:45 am

I heard a man talking about this song but the only words I can remember are Fallen leaves laying ?????

thanks in advance
Vicki

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 am

cho.} fallen leaves that lie scattered on the ground the birds and flowers that were here cannot be found, all the friends he ever had are not around they are scattered like the leaves upon the ground.

1.} Lord, let my eyes see every need of every man, make me stop and always lend a helping hand; then when i'm laid beneath that little grassy mound there'll be more friends around than leaves upon the ground.

2.} some folks drift along thru life and never thrill, to the feeling that a good deed brings until; it's too late, and they are ready to lie down, there beneath the leaves scattered on the ground.

3.} to your grave there's no use taking any gold, you can't use it when it's time for hands to fold; when you leave for a better home some day, the only things you take is what you gave away.

i hope this is the song that you are looking for. may God bless!!! sherry
heavensent

Post by heavensent » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:55 am

Thank you Sherry, it's the one. It is such a beautiful piece. May GOD bless you abundantly for finding it for me.
Thank you Songinmyheart for the YouTube link. That is actually where I heard it for the first time. My problem was that I couldn't make out all the words. May GOD bless you richly for pointing me in the right direction.
heavensent

Post by heavensent » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 am

I would like to get the words to a song by Hovie Lister , O What A Savior. If someone would be so kind as to find that for me, I would appreciate it.