"How Deep The Father's Love For Us"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:35 am

IT'S REALLY TOUCH MY HEART..........AND IT MEANS SOMETHING

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:20 am

Hi, I am searching of the song which has lyric like this ... FROM THE FIRST CRY, UNTIL THE FINAL BREATH ....Please help me. Thanks.Evie.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 am

The song is "In Christ Alone"

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all-
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid-
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine-
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death-
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home-
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

Amazingly powerful song!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:48 pm

Gorgeous song. What an amazing God we have.

Post by Guest » Wed May 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Been singing (or marring) this song since Sunday when it was sung at church.. Very powerful words and wonderful melody.. Thought I'd do a search and get all the verses and words right! Nice site here.

It's also nice to see another similar song lyrics posted and it too is another favorite of mine.

Each week depending on the praise music shared at worship one or another song becomes stuck in my mind.. What a wonderful way to be reminded of these truths.. Almost like scripture memory! This is the song of the week for me this week!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm

"How Deep The Fathers Love For Us" really hits the heart of the Gospel. What a merciful God we have; to send his Son, who knew no sin, to die as a propitiation for our sins. For it was my sin that put Jesus on the cross.

Yet we were made righteous in Him, as the Cross is only way us sinners can be reconciled to a Holy God. My best works are but filthy rags.

What an awesome song, that just lays the truth wide open. I pray that all who hear the words on this song may be blessed. Take care.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:20 am

We need more songs like these

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 am

It is true that GOD is good. Just as the Holy Scripture says "there is none righteous not even one....there is none who does good not even one." we are so sinful from the day we are born. We broke GOD's perfect law, we all have either stolen something,lied,commited adultry and let us remember that Jesus says who ever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultry in their heart; so it means lusting,we murdered, jesus says that who ever hates someone has commited murder in their heart. Remember that GOD says if we break even one law we are guilty of them all.We all have sinned GOD is good because he himself became a man named Jesus who was the Christ the Son of GOD he lived a perfect life, he commited no sin he was sinless because he was GOD.He willingly gave his life by crucifiction for us and he came back to life so that we may have eternal life.GOD says that he wants us to repent of our sinful ways and to turn to him for forgiveness.And to trust in Him for everything and to live for him and not our selves, and most importantly to Love him because he first Loved us not because we did something good but because he willingly chooses to.God says that when we have faith in Him that we are saved by Grace throught and that not of ourselves that no one may bost, but it is a GIFT from GOD. so let us rejoice in this wonderful act of GOD that He saved us let us live not like thie rest of the world, but different, Holy and blameless because our GOD justified us by His blood. May glory be to our King Jesus who is the one true living GOD May Jesus Bless you steveliu and Jackie and all who read this from a brother in Christ here at SWBTS, FT WORTH, TX

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:14 am

What and AWESOME GOD we serve.It was HIM who inspired men and women to write such inspiring words to touch the very souls of sinful man. I for one will remind myself regularly of the cost of my salvation and these hymns will be constant reminders.
Thank you to all those who provided lyrics and to the Father who inspired them.
Michelle, Croydon

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:35 pm

Love this song very powerful