befroe you knew how to love me by Poet voices

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:18 pm

I am searching for a song by poet voices called Before you knew how to love me, I have only gotten 1 reply and it wasn't helping me find the song, only telling me that "Redemption Draweth Nigh" If you can, please help me find the lyrics to this beautiful song. Thank You
DownToTheAltar

Post by DownToTheAltar » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 pm

Is the song you are wanting about the woman and her dad, who is a preacher?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:27 pm

I am not sure to be honest, I caught the tail-end of the song and xm34 and in the song I knew Jesus was speaking to someone, telling them He loved them, "Before You Knew how to Love Me." If you know the song I would appreciate your help. I know it is by Poet Voices. Thanks!
DownToTheAltar

Post by DownToTheAltar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:43 pm

I hope to have the lyrics for you tomorrow.
InHonorofHim

Post by InHonorofHim » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:00 pm

I sure would appreciate it. I registered on this site today, it is a wonderful site that a friend told me about. I play guitar and my Mother and I sing in church or where ever we are asked, and everything I do is "In Honor of Him", that is my user name. LIke I said, I caught the tail end of the song on xm 34 and know it was poet voices that sang the song, I don't know if you agree with me or not, but sometimes a good gospel song can touch you way down in your soul, just like a good preaching can do. Again, thank you for any help you can give me. I am also looking for the lyrics to "One time too Many" by the Kirkland family or Kirkland singers, its about a man who didn't heed the call of the Lord, and the Lord quit dealing with his soul. I'd like to find that one to sing for my adult children who are lost and don't know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
DownToTheAltar

Post by DownToTheAltar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Good morning InHonorofHim. I definitely agree with you. May God richly bless you. I hope this is the right song.

BEFORE YOU KNEW HOW TO LOVE ME
(Poet Voices)

She served the morning coffee to her dad, the preacher man.
Took off his hat and kissed his cheek and held his wrinkled hand.
She said to him, "I love you" as she looked into his eyes
And how he answered took her by surprise.

(Chorus)
I thought of you long before I ever crossed your mind.
I held to you before your hands could hold to mine.
Before you walked, before you talked, before your eyes could ever see.
I loved you before you knew how to love me.

She sat there in silence, then she found the words to speak.
"How did you come to love this way, from a place so very deep"?
He said, "Just this morning, like so many times before;
I heard a sweet reminder from my Lord".

(Chorus)

Now Daddy's gone; he's finally home with the ones that he loves most.
Yes, he is there with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
And I'm sure that he is constantly reminding them he loves them;
And they are there to gently say to him:

(Chorus)
InHonorofHim

Post by InHonorofHim » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Down to the Altar,
God Bless You Richly, I did not know what the song was about, as I told you previously, I only caught the tail end of it. As I sit here and read these lyrics, it brings tears to my eyes, True to the bible verse, for everything there is a time a purpose and a season. Today, July 8th is the 3rd anniversary of My Daddy going "Home." I will not say die because my Dad served the Lord with everything he had, and he did not die, for Jesus conquered death on the cross at calvary, and when my Daddy asked Jesus into his heart many years ago, that sealed the promise of everlasting life. So my Dad did not die, rather he left this old world for a far better one, and I have to live my life accordingly to the word so I will see Dad again someday. Three years ago today, I was holding my Dad's hand and singing every gospel song we had ever sang as a family in church to him. I was singing "Because He Lives" to him, I had my eyes closed because it hurt me so bad to see Dad struggling to breathe, anyway, this brilliant white light flashed before my closed eyes, and my Dad squeezed my right hand. I was holding his right hand and we had been told he was paralyzed by the stroke that was taking him from me. Three days prior, Daddy's eyes had rolled back in his head, and you could see nothing. The preacher pulled at my shoulders, he said "come on sis, its time to go", but I wasn't finished singing, the Pastor did this twice more, on the last time, I opened my eyes and looked straight across and Dad's chest wasn't moving anymore, and I looked straight into his eyes and they were wide open and he was looking straight over my head, his eyes were clear as day. I know that light was Jesus, had my eyes been opened, I believe I would've been blinded, I know that my Daddy opened up his eyes and saw his Jesus. I believe I sang my Dad into heaven that day, and he squeezed my hand to tell me good-bye. I've battled 3 years of depression over losing my father, but I know that God will bring me out of this valley and show me where I have been, and where He is taking me to. I did'nt know the words to this song, but it reminds me so much of Daddy, God Bless You, Down To the Altar, and Thank you with all my heart. In Honor of Him

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 am

I have been looking all over for these words -- Praise God I have them know. Thank you very much, Down to the Altar!

Scott