I can't remember all the words to this song, Please help! I've had my days of laughter

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
mexlov2

I can't remember all the words to this song, Please help! I've had my days of laughter

Post by mexlov2 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 pm

The song starts out with, "I've had my days of laughter in the sunshine, felt peace and contentment in my soul", I can remember some more of it, but I'm not remembering it all. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:48 am

The title is "Someday" and its by the mckameys. This is the best I can do from my memory, hope it helps. God bless you.

I've had my days of laughter in the sunshine, felt peace and contentment in my soul. But before the day would pass my heart would be heavy, I'd have tears in my eyes my head bowed low. But thats just how it is in Satan's eden. Each day brings new heartache, pain and woe. But my Lord has gone to build for me a city and I've never been this homesick to go.

Chor.
Some day we're gonna leave it all behind us. Some day we'll walk this way no more. Some where its called the sweet forever. And some day we'll step onto that shore.

This world to me has lost all it's attraction. There's not much left to make me want to stay. The pull from the other side is stronger and it keeps getting stronger every day. Could it be that they're gathering by the river to welcome me across that raging tide. Then I'll leave this world and I'll never look behind me. For its by the throne of God I will reside.
(repeat chorus)

There's no more heartache, no grief or pain, no dieing in that land. No broken homes, no broken dreams just joy on every hand.
(repeat chorus)