Hymn about seeing

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
krouze

Hymn about seeing

Post by krouze » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:55 pm

I heard a Presbyterian pastor talk about this hymn written by Brian somebody? But I really like one of the lines from it for this season of Epiphany. It talks about "the joy of seeing and the discomfort in being seen." unfortunate that's all I've got.
Shelley

Hymn about seeing

Post by Shelley » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Brian Wren is a prolific hymn writer. Perhaps he is the one you are looking for. I can't find anything with that specific text, but if you go through any of the denominational hymnals, you may find what you are looking for since you will find numerous hymns by him in any of those--the UMC, Presbyterian, Lutheran or Disciples of Christ (Chalice Hymnal). He has written an epiphany hymn---What was your vow and vision---which I found in The Chalice Hymnal. There is one the The Presbyterian Hymnal for Baptism of our Lord called Lord When You Came to Jordan. Unfortunately, without the text or even partial, it's tough. Sorry.