looking for a song...The grass is gonna be greener over on the other side

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ipclayton

Post by ipclayton » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 pm

A young guy use to sing this song in our church a long long time ago. He is now a Pentecostal Preacher. I really loved this song. But I can only remember
a bit of it. It goes some thing like this.
(The grass is gonna be greener over on the other side. I't seems I heard my father call come back home my child. ....)
I know thats not the way it goes but something like that. If anyone can help. Thank you

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:11 am

There Is Just No Place Like Home

Once I thought the grass was greener on the other side
So I took my share and I said good-bye
To my family as they cried
I spent all my money and lost all my friends
Then it seemed I heard my Father call come back hom again

Cho.
There is just no place like home
When I get there no more will I roam
For the Father is waiting with arms open wide
There is just no place like home

I know the grass is gonna be greener oh the other side
Over in that beautiful city where we'll never say good-bye
I'm going home to see my Father He's waiting at the door
My hosue will be a mansion and heaven will be my home

I am not sure I have these lyrics all correct. I am doing them from memory and it has been close to 30 years since I have sung it. I believe it was written by Lanny Wolfe

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks thats great. after reading the 2nd verse. That was the only part that was familur to me. Well, I guess its been about 30 years sence I've heard it. God Bless

Post by Guest » Wed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm

I also came to find the song, knowing all the verses, but had forgotten who had sung it. I have sung this song all those many years. And still do. I am looking for it on you tube or anywhere I can hear it done professionally again.
Also stats on who it was and what year it came out. A wonderful song worth remembering and keeping it going for generations to come. April King also known as actsnobleapril on the Web