gather the jeweals home

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

gather the jeweals home

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:30 am

I was looking for a song i heard the other day
cheer my brother cheer. ......... the ship is coming to gather the jewels home
Barethetone

gather the jeweals home

Post by Barethetone » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:29 am

Did the chorus go as follows:

Then cheer my brother cheer, our trials will soon be o'er.
Our loved ones we shall meet shall meet up on the golden shore.
We're pilgrims and we're strangers here; we're seeking a city to come.
The lifeboat soon is coming to gather the jewels Home.

If this is the song, I will gladly post the words to the verses.

gather the jeweals home

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:08 am

If you have all the words to this song, I would love to have them.. I grew up hearing this song. Brings back many memories..
Thank you.

gather the jeweals home

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Does anyone have all the words to this song?

gather the jeweals home

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Verse 1:We're flowing down the stream of time, We have not long to stay. The stormy clouds of darkness will turn to brightest day. Then let us all take courage for we're not left alone. The lifeboat soon is coming to gather His jewels home.
Chorus:Then cheer my brother cheer, our trials will sson be o'er. Our loved ones we shall meet shall meet upon the golden shore. We're pilgrims and we're strangers here; we're seeking a city to come. The lifeboat soon is coming to gather His jewels home.
Verse 2:Sometimes the devil tempts me and says it's all in vain. To try to live a Christian life and walk in Jesus name. But then we hear the Master say "I'll lend you a helping hand, and if you'll only trust me I'll guide you to that land."
Verse 3:The lifeboat soon is coming, by the eyes of faith I see as she sweeps through the waters to rescue you and me. And land us safely in the port with friends we love so dear. "Get Ready," cries the Captain; "O look, she's almost here."
Verse 4:O now's the rime to get on board while she is passing by; But if you stand and wait too long you shall forever die. The fare is paid for one and all the Captain bids you come. And get on board the lifeboat, She'll carry you safely home.

I hope this helps!

gather the jeweals home

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm

I have searched all of my old hymnals and many websites. Thank you for these words! God is gathering the jewels in my family one-by-one, so this means so much to me! Thanks again!