The Greenes, "I am a Christian"... Need lyrics

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
crh1201

Post by crh1201 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:13 pm

I'm trying to find the words to this song "I am a Christian" by the Greenes. I know the chorus goes something like this..."I am a Christian I am God's soldier fighting in an army that never can fail I am a Christian a Bible believer, you may criticize ...." Please help!!!

Post by Guest » Sun May 16, 2010 5:52 am

Radio station WIOK in Falmouth, KY used to play this song. I intend to call them about it.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:34 am

Verse One:

Stephen stood with hands tied as rocks pierced his flesh. He died for proclaiming Jesus, but ole' Stephen stood the test. Then there's Matthew, and there's Peter, who were martyred for sharing Christ. The enemy's tried to defeat us, but they'll never hurt the Bride.

Chorus:

I am a Christian. I am a soldier fighting in an army that never will fail. I am a Christian, a Bible-believer. You may criticize, laugh with pride, tell me I'm dead wrong. I am a Christian in God's army that's still going strong.

Verse Two:

For years they tried to tear the walls of this church down, but faithful men and women have stood on higher ground. And today you're not popular if you try to live for Christ, but you can have your popularity, but I will trust in Christ.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 am

It also has a bridge:

"You can count me in for prayer in schools and against aborting kids. Just put me in on God's side, cause God's side's gonna win!
ksilver

Post by ksilver » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Verse One:

Stephen stood with hands tied as rocks pierced his flesh. He died for proclaiming Jesus, ole' Stephen stood the test. Then there's Matthew, and there's Peter, martyred for sharing Christ. The enemy's tried to defeat us, but they'll never hurt the Bride.

Chorus:
I am a Christian, I am God's soldier, fighting in an army that never will fail,
I am a Christian, a Bible believer. You may critisize, laugh, or pry or tell me I'm dead wrong.
I am a Christian and God's army is still going strong.

Verse Two:

For years they tried to tear the walls of this church down, but faithful men and women have built on higher ground. And today you're not popular if you try to live for Christ, you can have your popularity, but please just give me Christ.

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

You can count me in for prayer in schools and against aborting kids. Just put me in on God's side, cause God's side's gonna win!

Repeat Chorus 2x's

Tag:
I am a Christian and God's army is still going strong"¦ Going Strong!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Does anyone have the sheet music to this song? It's great!