I need to find these lyrics. * I want to know more*

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Brandyboo19

Post by Brandyboo19 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:30 am

I've been waking up and going to bed singing the song, "I want to know more", but I only know a few words and the tune. It's driving me crazy....I must have these words.....please help me!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:40 pm

hello brandy i hope this is the song that you want. we sing this song at church all the time. it is our Pastors favorite song. the name of it is I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY LORD. it is in our church hymnal.

1.] while trav'ling through this world of sorrow, i'm on my way to gloryland; i'll not turn back, for some tomorrow, my trials here i'll understand.

cho.] i want to know more about my Jesus [yes, i do] i want to know more [yes i want to know more] about my Lord [my blessed Lord] i want to know more about that mansion [heavenly mansion] i'm gonna receive [i'm gonna receive] as my reward [my rich reward] i want to know more about that homeland [wonderful homeland] i mean to go there [o, i mean to go there] someday, somehow [someday; somehow] and after i reach [and after i reach] that heavenly city [heavenly city] i mean to know more [yes, i'm gonna know more,] than i know now [i'm gonna know more than i know now.]

2.] i'm glad i know the blessed Savior, for thru his blood he set me free; tho rough the road, i shall not waver, for some glad day his face i'll see.

3.] he promised when his soul ascended, i'm coming back the Lord did say; if on his promise you've depended, on wings of love you'll soar away.

i hope this is the song that you are looking for.
God bless you. sherry
LIBC GIRL

Post by LIBC GIRL » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:50 am

i love this song we sing at church but the place where it says i mean to go there some day somehow you know how your gonna right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whiteyowhite

Post by whiteyowhite » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:09 pm

This is a wonderful song, good upbeat tempo, Lee Roy Abernathy wrote this song, copyright 1947. Love to sing it with our community Choir.