Need lyrics to The Holy City... Please!

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
tiffanysnana2004

Post by tiffanysnana2004 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Need the lyrics to The Holy City ASAP!!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Verse 1:Last night as I lay sleeping their came a dream so fair. I stood at old Jerusalem beside the temple there. I heard the children singing and ever as they sang. Me thought the voice of angels in Heaven in answer rang. Me thought the voice of angels from Heaven in answer rang.
Chorus:Jerusalem, Jerusalem, lift up your gates and sing. Hosanna in the highest. Hosanna to your King.
Verse 2:And then me thought my dream was changed the streets no longer rang. Hushed with a glad hosannas the little children sang. Th sun grew dark with mystery the morn was cold and chilled. As the shadow of a cross arose upon a lonely hill. As the shadow of a cross arose upon a lonely hill.
Chorus:Jerusalem, Jerusalem, hark how the angels sing. Hosanna in the highest hosanna to your King.
Verse 3:And once again the scene was changed new earth their seemed to be. I saw the holy city beside the timeless sea. The light of God was on it's streets the gates were open wide. And all who would might enter and no one was denied. No need of moon nor starts by night or the sun to shine by day. It was the new Jerusalem that would not pass away. It was the new Jerusalem that would not pass away.
Chorus:Jerusalem,Jerusalem, sing for the night is o'er. Hosanna in the highest hosanna forevermore.

I hope this helps! God bless!