Does anyone recognize this song? He Set Me Free

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
jocerut

Post by jocerut » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:57 pm

He Set Me Free

Vs. 1
Life had lost all meaning in this prison house of sin. Confusion doubt and guilt was the bondage I was in. Then a man with nail scars in His hands came and bought my liberty. I was pardoned from my sins, He set me free.

Cho.
He set me free from the chains that had me bound by sin. He turned my life around the night I was born agian. And it was more than just the water that swept over me. Jesus washed my sins away He set me free.

Vs. 2
It's not by works that I have done that I am now set free. Although I don't deserve God's grace I'm thankful as can be. For me there'll be no turning back, I'm determined to go thru. I'm free, praise God, and ransomed and He'll do the same for you.

An evangelist sang this song at our church during a revial and I would love to know who originally sang this song.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Magruders wrote that song,,,

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Vs. 1
One like a bird from prison I dwelt, no freedom from this sorrow I dwelt, but Jesus came and listened to me and Glory to God, He set me free.

cho. He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bonds of prison for me; I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, for glory to God, He set me free.

Vs 2
Now I am climbing higher each day, darkness of night has drifted away. My feet are planted on higher ground, and glory to God I'm homeward bound.

Vs. 3
Good-by to sin and things that confound, naught of this world shall turn me around. Daily I'm working,k I'm praying, too, and glory to God, I'm going through.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Vs. 1
One like a bird from prison I dwelt, no freedom from this sorrow I dwelt, but Jesus came and listened to me and Glory to God, He set me free.

cho. He set me free, yes, He set me free. He broke the bonds of prison for me; I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, for glory to God, He set me free.

Vs 2
Now I am climbing higher each day, darkness of night has drifted away. My feet are planted on higher ground, and glory to God I'm homeward bound.

Vs. 3
Good-by to sin and things that confound, naught of this world shall turn me around. Daily I'm working,k I'm praying, too, and glory to God, I'm going through.

This is the He Set Me Free Version I Know. It's my favorite hymn