lyrics - I Kept On Prayin, Mommas memories, I'm gonna shout halluluah, My first in heaven

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

lyrics - I Kept On Prayin, Mommas memories, I'm gonna shout halluluah, My first in heaven

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 pm

1. I Kept On Praying by kevin spencer and family
2. Mommas memories
3. I'm gonna shout halluluah
4. My first in heaven

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Do you mean my first day in Heaven? If so, here is what I know of it and I am not sure if their is more.

Chorus:Oh it's a great, great, morning your first day in Heaven when you stroll down the golden avenue. Their are mansions left and right and your thrilled at every sight and the saints are always smiling saying how do you do. Oh it's a great, great, morning your first day in Heaven when you realize your worry days are through. You'll be glad you were not idle, took time to read the Bible it's a great morning for you.
Verse:I had a dream and now confess I hated to awake. He dreamed he met an angel at the great pearly gate. Saint Peter said "Why hello there where have you been? We've got your mansion ready so come right in." And then he rang for an angel to act as a guide. He spread his wings a time or two and learned how to fly.

This may be all or maybe not. Either way I hope this helps! God bless!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 am

Sorry thats not the song i'm talking about it starts out like gates of pearl streets of gold
hacksters

Post by hacksters » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:19 am

I Kept on Praying

v1
You know as I was praying
three full weeks I moaned
the first few days were normal
I did not know what was in store
the devils gathered 'round me
and said, "Daniel where's your Lord?"
I said He's not come by here yet so I'll just pray some more

Chorus
and I kept on prayin', I kept on praying, I prayed three times a day unto the Lord

v2
ten days have passed away the devil laughed at me
he said, "Now Daniel there's no God so why not worship me?"
Well I buried my head much deeper and I cried with all my might
Your lied will never work on me now get on out of my sight

Chorus

v3
fifteen days have come and gone
I'm weak from fasting now
Oh satan said unto me, "You've lost your battle now"
Well I prayed and I wept and I cried to God
Though I did not feel a thing
I said, "My Lord I know Your real!" and I let those prayer bells ring

Chorus

v4
twenty days have passed away and still I see no sign
Oh Satan said unto me, "the light will never shine now Daniel pray unto the Lord, but your battles over now"
I said, "Come back tomorrow devil, I'm gonna show you how!"

Chorus

v5
The twenty first day is dawning, but something is different today
Those devils were not present to hinder me when I prayed
but behold a hand just touched me and I heard the good Lord say,
"Oh, Daniel my beloved son, I heard you the first day!"

Chorus 2x