Need the song tiltle and Lyrics pwease??? I'm gonna step right in and live my life for the lord

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
kaylin4u

Need the song tiltle and Lyrics pwease??? I'm gonna step right in and live my life for the lord

Post by kaylin4u » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:13 pm

I've been searching all over the internet for this, but I can't find the title or lyrics. Can someone please help me? It' goes like this:

One Verse:
I'm gonna step right in and live my life for the lord.
I'm just gonna love him more and more. I'm gonna tune out the world and tune into the son, 'cause I wanna be ready when Jesus comes.

The chorus:
I wanna be ready for that coming day, so I'll take my lamp and fill it all the way.
I'm gonna let his light shine all over my face...."

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:58 am

Anyone? I believe this could have been a choral arrangement.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi. ... I was just doing a websearch for this song. Back in the early 90s I had an album by a group called Heartsong or Heart Song and this was the first cut. It also included "The Reason We Sing." I also had another album by them that included a song called, "My God is Real" which was a 50sish sounding song. The song is called "I wanna be ready" and boy I wish I could find it again. Hope this helps.
"I'm gonna let his light shine all over my face, yes I wanna be ready for that day"I think it goes, "I wanna be ready for that final day, so I'll take my lamp and fill it all the way, gonna let his light shine all over my face, yes I wanna be ready for that day."

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Guess what? I just posted the 2nd entry and I did a different search and found where you can buy a cassette of that Heartsong project called "Heartsong." Do a websearch at like Google with the words "Heartsong" and "cassette" you will find a copy on ebay and there are other sights that sell that tape that include tapes from Colby's playhouse and the like. Write me back and let me know what you find.... [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 pm

well if you ever come across this again.......I found a cassette of this available at amazon..... I posted the last 2 entries a year ago......I also found 2 other Heartsong albums there... so if you go to amazon.com and put in search music and then add Heartsong, just go thru them all til you find it. good luck