Can only think of part of the end of this Hymn

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
laurfar

Post by laurfar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm

I have a hymn stuck in my head and want to look it up. I need the name of this Hymn. It is an old hymn that I remember from growing up in the 1950s in our Presbyterian church and also in many other non denominational churches since. The last line or two goes something like this: "Over all victorious.........something, something.....Ancient of Days". I think the word "over" is shortened to O'r , O'er? I'm not sure what the abreviated form of "over" would be spelled like, and not for sure if we just sing it that way or if it is actually written like that. I know that it ends with "Ancient of Days". Not sure if that ending is capitalized or not, but it should be since it is His name.
SingerForGod

Post by SingerForGod » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:41 am

Ancient Of Days
Ron Kenoly

Blessing and Honour
Glory and Power
Be unto the ancient of days
From every nation
All of creation
Bow before the ancient of days
---------------------------------------
Bridge:
Every tongue in heaven and earth
Shall declare your glory
Every knee shall bow at your throne
In worship
You will be exhalted oh God
And your kingdom shall not pass away
Oh ancient of days
-----------------------------------------
Chorus:
Your kingdom shall reign over all the earth
Sing to the ancient of days
For none can compare to your matchless worth
Sing to the ancient of days
(Bridge and Chorus again)
laurfar

Post by laurfar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Thank you so much for your help on this, but I actually found the Hymn I'm looking for this morning 5 am while searching through the book 101 Hymn Stories. The Hymn is "Come Thou Almighty King". I'm going to take it to the Lectio Bible study group I'm in since we are wanting to sing on hymn together each week, and I am the one who is to bring something different each week.
The part I kept partially remembering is in the middle and end of the first verse. "Father all glorious, O'er all victorious, Come and reign over us, Ancient of Days". It was stuck in my head and driving me batty till I could find the whole hymn.