Doing it by the book

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
godskids

Doing it by the book

Post by godskids » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi ya'll
I am looking for lyrics to an old song by The Whites called "Doing It By The Book"
Not sure if that is the exact title.
Thanks
GOD BLESS
acastle10

Doing it by the book

Post by acastle10 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I think this is it.....
1. When I was a child there was no one like my daddy where ever he would go I'd want to tag along. I remember the time the neighbors had the fire, daddy didn't hesitate to bring them home. although the times were hard we made room at our table. and they stayed untill they could make it on their own.

chorus: Im doing it by the book I used to hear my daddy say, we're gonna love one another and give thanks everyday. He tried to do the right thing no matter what it took, He said I found I can't go wrong when I'm doing it by the book.

2. In these troubled times when this old world gets crazy, I go back to those memories in my head. When I sat on Momma's lap and daddy read the bible. I get my strength from the words that he read.

Doing it by the book

Post by Guest » Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 am

when I was just a child there was no one like my daddy where ever he would go I would want to tag along, he worked his life hard and never took the easy way I watched him sweat and work his fingers to the bone. well I wont forget the time the neighbors had a fire and daddy didn't hesitate to bring them home, and though the times were hard we made room at our table and they stayed till they could make it on there own. Im doing it by the book I use to hear my daddy say were going to love one another and give thanks everyday, he tried to do the right thing no matter what it took he said I find I cant go wrong when I am doing it by the book. in these troubled times when this world is crazy I go back to those memories in my head when I sat on mommas lap and daddy read the bible I would listen to the words that he read. I am doing it by the book I use to hear my daddy say were going to love one another and givr thanks everyday he tried to do the right thing no matter what it took he said I find I cant go wrong when I am doing it byt the book. I sad I found I cant go wrong when I am doing it by the book.

Doing it by the book

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

There is a recording of "I'm Doing it by the Book." See"May You Only See Jesus-Gospel Singing with Shirley Durling." The song is the 6th song on the CD.