I hold a clear title

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
msbubrry

I hold a clear title

Post by msbubrry » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 am

I have the chords to I Hold A Clear Title. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to semd them to you.

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 am

Going back a long way....... Seems to me like this song was written (called "I HAVE A Clear Title To Heaven) by someone whose name I am not totally sure of, but I believe it was something like Rube Perkins. Anyone else remember this?
Mac
msbubrry

I hold a clear title

Post by msbubrry » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:28 am

This is a link to hear The Happy Goodmans singing this song, God Bless!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA_Kw8A96Ps
Filbert

I hold a clear title

Post by Filbert » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 am

There is an interesting twist to this song. There is a man in my town (Heber Springs Arkansas) who claims he wrote this song, and it was stolen from him. From what I know, he has tried to regain the legal rights to it with no sucess. He says he has an early recording of it that he sent home while he was in World War II which should be sufficient proof. I wonder if anything will ever come of it; the man is getting quite elderly.

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 am

and another verse:

We've traveled through the valley together
We've gone through the heat and the cold
We've watched as our friends went before us
To join in that heavenly fold
Someday we will meet them in glory
and talk with the prophets of old
The treasures that are waiting in heaven
down here have never been told

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 pm

i love this song. Thank you all for the lyrics. I had no clue there was a 3rd or 4th verse. I can play this song on the piano. Just learned it couple days ago. haha.

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm

wow i also didnt know there was 4 vrs gotta get them all copied LOL thanx!!

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:02 pm

My Father Charles Anderson singed this song every where he went.. Since 1960.. Never knew who wrote it.. One lady claimed too but she was about 3 years old at that time my Dad started singing it... Dad use to tell me a blind black lady wrote it..I remember my MOM giving people copies all over the United States..My Father had a deep bass voice and sung this song SLOWLY.. Now a blue grass bands sings it.. Makes me laugh because its so fast..Yes there is a third verse

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Clear title
(G )I,ve heard people talk about heaven and (G7 )describe (C) its beauty so rare(G) .So one day I purchased a title to a (A) mansion in that land so (D) fair.
(G) It was given to me without, but it cost (G7) my dear Savior his (G).
He died on the cross just to save (Em), for(D)me He paid 9D) A GREAT (G) price.CHORUS.(G) Now I hold a clear title to a mansion that(G) Jesus has gone to (D) prepare. Fire cannot touch it floods cannot harm it and it (A) never will need a (D) repair.(G) The termites can't move its foundation,(G7) for on the rock of ages it(G) stands.I feel its almost completed(Em) and(A) ready for me to move(G) in. I hope this helps .John

I hold a clear title

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 am

John do you play it fast or slow. martha