Song lyrics needed - That Same Spirit?

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Chris17

Post by Chris17 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:30 am

What are the lyrics to this song? It starts out with something like: "Jesus said "It is expedient for me to go away." I think it may be called "That Same Spirit"?
kygirl

Post by kygirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:55 am

Jesus said it is expedient for me to go away. But I'll send you another comforter, to guide you from day to day.
So they tarried, at Jerusalem for power from on high.
And that same spirit, that they received, within my heart abides.

CHOURS
kygirl

Post by kygirl » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:59 am

Sorry hit the button too fast.
Chorus
I can feel his holy spirit, a dwelling deep with in
Sometimes it feels so gently and sometimes like a mighty rushing wind.
That same spirit, that raised Jesus up from death and the grave.
It will raise, this old body up and take me home someday

2. Well they layed him in empty tomb and rolled a stone at the door.
They put soilders, there to guard him. They thought they'd done away with my Lord
But on that third day, the stone was rolled away and he came forth from the grave
And that same spirit, that raised Jesus up will take me home someday.
Chris17

Post by Chris17 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:51 am

Thank you so much, I have searched for that song for over a month!
Steph

Post by Steph » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:52 am

Please help me find a song, I am not sure of the name of this song, but it was about a son that had left his home and stayed gone a very long time, calls his parents and tells them he will be coming in and riding on the train that passes their house, if he is welcome please hang a white small cloth. When the son comes past the house their is white sheets hanging from the trees and his parents are outside waiving white sheets
jocerut

Post by jocerut » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 pm

I think the Paynes recorded "That Same Spirit".

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 1:53 am

My dad sings this quite a bit, You talk most of it out.

The Old Apple Tree
(sing this)
I've wandered far away from home, now I'm coming home.
(talk this)
A few years ago, a preacher closed a revival in the mid-western parts of the
United States. He bought him a train ticket, and he started home. He noticed
sitting on the train beside him a young man, and he noticed the tears streaming down his face. He said, "son I'm a minister, you got a problem you
would like to share with me?" He said, "well, yes, I need to share it with some-
body." He said, "Preacher, about two years ago, me and my father got into an arguement, it became a heated arguement, I hit my old dad with my fist, and knocked him down. So the next day, dad asked me to come out back of the house. He said, "Son, you can't live here any more. Your mother's nerves can't take it, you're gonna have to leave." Preacher I took what clothes that I had, and I left. And I traveled all over this country for the last two years, and done about all the wrong a young man, that my age can do. But about a week ago, I was walking down an old dusty road, and I heard some singing upon a hill side. And when I got closer, I noticed that it was an old camp meeting. And I went in, and when they got through singing, an old preacher stood up, and told about a Savior hanging on an old rugged cross, a bleeding, and dying, for even a guy like me. And he said that if I came forward, and plead guilty, that I could get saved. And I did just that. And now, I've started home, when he said,
"wait a minute son," the preacher did. He said, " how do you know you can go home?" He said, "your dad said you wasn't welcome." Oh, but preacher, let me tell you something. All my life, me and my mom, and my dad lived out to the right of these railroad tracks, a few miles down here. And out back of that old house, there's an old apple tree, about a hundred years old. And I can see there from this railroad track, that old tree. And I told dad, if I was welcomed home, to tie one white rag in that old apple tree, and I'll get off. Oh, but listen preacher, I been telling you all this, but just around this next bend is where I live, and I can't bare to look, could you look for me?" The preacher took his hands, on this cold November morning, and wiped the frost from the train window, and looked in amaze. Then the young man said, "what do you see man, I can't stand it?" He said, "awe son, I don't see one white rag." "You don't," he said? " No, I see that old apple tree, with a rag tied on every limb. And that old gray headed mom, and that old gray headed dad, standing their, with a bed sheet pulled out before them. And with letters a foot high in red, it said, welcome home son, we love you!"
Folk's, there's a father who sent His Son, all the way from glory. To let Him hang upon a rugged cross, between two theifes, bleeding, and dying there. And His arms are ever out stretched today, saying, welcome home sons, welcome home daughters. Welcome home moms and dads, I love you, and I proved it at the top of an old hill called Calvary.
(sing this)
Coming home, coming home. Never more to roam. Open wide, thy arms of love. Lord, I'm coming home.

I hope this was the song you were looking for. You can also keep singing the song quietly through the whole song.

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Sorry, about how I typed the song off, that was the first one I've ever typed in.
I didn't know I could just typ, and not worry about the lines.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:50 pm

I am looking for the lyrics to a song....The Latter Rain. It goes something like this. Send down the rain Lord, Send down the rain Lord, send down the latter rain. There's Holy Ghost in the rain Lord, Holy Ghost in the rain Lord, Holy Ghost in the latter rain.

Does anyone know it? I hope so!

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:51 pm

what is the name and who sings the song about tying the white rag on the limb of the apple tree?