looking for fast songs

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
kychristian

looking for fast songs

Post by kychristian » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:27 pm

my husband and I do alot of singing in our church and we are always looking for new songs. my husband likes the fast songs. if anyone knows of some good fast songs please post the lyrics. thank you and God bless you all
niki

looking for fast songs

Post by niki » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

Hi, there are so many good songs out there it's hard to pick and choose for someone else. I also sing in church and am always looking for new stuff. One of the best ways I have found is to go to youtube. Type in a song that you know and then check out other ones that come up with that song. I have found a lot of good ones that way. Some of them are written by unknowns to the music world and some have been out there but I've not heard before.

If you know how to chord a song, it can be a real blessing wandering around youtube to see what is there. Check out the collingsworth family, and other groups that you like and then see what else comes up with them.

Have fun! Niki
skylarstrickland

looking for fast songs

Post by skylarstrickland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:57 am

"I've Been Changed", written by Mosie Lister, is a fast upbeat old Southern Gospel song from the 1950s that always goes over well in my churches. I start off in the key of G, sing the first verse, then the chorus, then the second verse, then change the key up a half-step to A-flat and sing the third verse and then the chorus twice.

Here's a halfway decent rendition of it, by an Independent Baptist choir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcxhbtvpiSk

So anyhow, here would be a transcription of how I perform it (faster than in the video above, not twice as fast, but perhaps 1.5 times as fast):

*Key of G*
Well I've been to the river, I've been baptized,
I've been washed in the blood of the Lamb,
I've been changed from the creature that once I was,
And 'Redeemed' is now my name!

I've been changed, I am newborn now,
All my life has been rearranged,
What a diff'rence it made when the Lord came and stayed
In my heart, oh yes, I've been changed!

Though my sins were as scarlet, they're white as snow,
I was bound, but today I am free,
I was lost in the darkness, but now I'm found,
Once was blind, but now I see! (note: original lyrics are: "I was blind, but now I see!")

*Change key to A-flat by hitting E-flat-7 chord (notes: E-flat + G + B-flat + D-flat)*

When at last in His presence, I stand above,
He will wipe all the tears from my eyes,
And I'll thank Him for giving a wretch like me
Lasting hope beyond the skies!

In my heart, oh yes, I've been changed.

In my heart, oh yes, I've been changed!

If you'd like me to mail or email you a handwritten transcription of the melody, in shape-notes, with the chords, let me know, I'd be more than happy to!
kychristian

looking for fast songs

Post by kychristian » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 pm

thanks you all...God bless you for answering