I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
I can't remember the name of the song that was played at my mom's funeral 30 years ago but one line in it . I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
Is this what you are looking for?
FOLLOW ME
By Ira Stamphill
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care,
The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair,
I oft complained to Jesus how folks were treating me,
And then I heard Him so so tenderly,
"My feet were also weary upon the Calv'ry road,
The cross became so heavy I fell beneath the load,
Be faithful weary pilgrim, the morning I can see,
Just lift your cross and follow close to me."
"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say,
"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way,
I gave up fame and fortune; I'm worth a lot to thee,"
And then I heard Him gently say to me,
"I left the throne of glory and counted it but loss,
My hands were nailed in anger upon a cruel cross,
But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine,
So lift your cross and follow close to me."
Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay,
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die,"
These are the words he gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand,"
But if by death to living they can thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to thee.
FOLLOW ME
By Ira Stamphill
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care,
The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair,
I oft complained to Jesus how folks were treating me,
And then I heard Him so so tenderly,
"My feet were also weary upon the Calv'ry road,
The cross became so heavy I fell beneath the load,
Be faithful weary pilgrim, the morning I can see,
Just lift your cross and follow close to me."
"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say,
"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way,
I gave up fame and fortune; I'm worth a lot to thee,"
And then I heard Him gently say to me,
"I left the throne of glory and counted it but loss,
My hands were nailed in anger upon a cruel cross,
But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine,
So lift your cross and follow close to me."
Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay,
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die,"
These are the words he gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand,"
But if by death to living they can thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to thee.
-
Guest
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
Thank you. I love this song. My father sang this in church when I was a little girl, and it has been in my heart ever since. What a powerful hymn.
-
Guest
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
I have always loved this song, now with the lyrics, I can sing it in church.
-
Guest
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
A great song with even a greater message.
-
Guest
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
Wonderful song with beautiful message. Take time to reflect on your life. Is your eternity secure?
-
jajiclan26
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 pm
- Contact:
I traveled down a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
I LOVE THIS SONG .THANKS TO YOU I NOW HAVE THE WORDS MY MOTHER LOVES IRA STAMPHILL BUT SHE HAD NEVER HEARD THIS ONE NOW I CAN SING IT FOR HER .
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 67 guests
