Crown of Thorns

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
tweet

Crown of Thorns

Post by tweet » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:28 pm

I am looking for the song "Crown of Thorns". I have only seen it published in one hymnal and that was in the early 60's in a Hymns of Praise hynmal in a First Assembly of God Church that I attended as a teenager. If some one has a copy of the hymnal or the song, please let me know how I can obtain a copy.
Thank you for your help.
Yours in Christ
Tweet
whiteyowhite

Crown of Thorns

Post by whiteyowhite » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 pm

I think you may be looking for a song recorded by the "Singing Governor of Lousiana ,Jimme Davis
I have a recording of it from 1962
these are some of the words, if this is the one you are looking for, i'll get you the words:

A CROWN OF THORNS WAS PLACED ON HIS HEAD, HE HUNG ON THE CROSS UNTIL HE WAS DEAD, THE SKY WAS DARK WITH A RAGING STORM,
WHEN THEY CROWNED THE KING OF KINGS WITH A CROWN OF THORNS

Crown of Thorns

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Some of the words I think you are wanting are these. "There was not crown for him of silver or of gold, there was not diadem for Him to hold, but blood adorned his brow and proud it's stain He bore and sinners gave to Him the crown He wore

cho: A rugged cross, became His throne, His kingdom was in hearts alone. He wrote His love in crimson red and wore the thorns upon His head.

Crown of Thorns

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 am

There have been kinds with riches untold, they have worn crowns of silver and gold, but there's a king who was battered and torn, and the crown that he wore was a crown of thorns, a crown of thorns was placed on his head, he hung upon the cross until he was dead, the sky was dark as the raging storm when they crowned the kind of kings, with a crown of thorns.
songinmyheart

Crown of Thorns

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

This is from our Archives going back to 2009
http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=6800