Thank God my sins are gone

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Guest

Thank God my sins are gone

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 pm

I have a doctrinal problem with "the sea of God's forgetfulness" because this is juxtaposed to the Omniscience of God and not found anywhere in scripture. The sea of forgetfulness is found in greek mythology but not in the bible.
Guest

Thank God my sins are gone

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I think the "the sea of God's forgetfulness" is referring to last part of Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
Guest

Thank God my sins are gone

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Could also use
Isaiah 43:25 "I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine
own sake, and will not remember thy sins."

Coupled with this verse for the "sea", in Micah 7:19 "He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."

I don't have a problem with the wording in the song personally. To me I get the imagery that my sins are lost, gone and forgotten forever.

But if you still feel otherwise, let's hear how you would change that lyric to make it fix your doctrinal problem. And keep the hymn singable.
Guest

Thank God my sins are gone

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Would this be the one?

N B Vandall © 1934 N B Randall, 1962 Singspiration Music

You ask me why I'm happy
So I'll just tell you why
Because my sins are gone
And when I meet the scoffers
Who ask me where they are
I say, my sins are gone.

CHORUS
They're underneath the Blood
On the Cross of Calvary
As far removed as darkness is from dawn
In the sea of God's forgetfulness
That's good enough for me
Praise God, my sins are gone.

'Twas at the old-time altar
Where God came in my heart
And now my sins are gone
The Lord took full possession
The devil did depart
I'm glad my sins are gone.

When Satan comes to tempt me
And tries to make me doubt
I say, my sins are gone
You got me into trouble
But Jesus got me out
I'm glad my sins are gone.

I'm living now for Jesus
I'm happy night and day
Because my sins are gone
My soul is filled with music
With all my heart I say
I know my sins are gone
Guest

Thank God my sins are gone

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Chorus:
(F) (Bb) (F)
Gone at last, gone at last, my sins are gone at last,
(Dm) (F) (C) (F)
gone at last gone at last, my sins are gone at last

Verse: 1
(F) (Bb) (F)
I once was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in,
(C)
then a light from heaven filled my soul,
(F) (Bb) (F)
it bathed my heart in love, and he wrote my name above,
(C) (F)
just a talk with Jesus made me whole.

Verse: 2
(F) (Bb) (F)
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
(G) (C)
that saved a wretch just like me,
(F) (Bb) (F) (C) (F)
I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

Verse: 3
(F) (Bb) (F)
I may have doubts and fears, my eyes be filled tears,
(C)
he's a friend that watches day and night,
(F) (Bb) (F)
I go to him in prayer, he knows my every care,
(C) (F)
just a little talk with Jesus makes it right


you can always add other chords into this song. I often add a (Dm) into most of the verses it makes it sound a lot better I think. I Hope these Chords help God Bless
-Blue Goose Pentecostal Church
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 93 guests