A child of the king

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
stilllearning

A child of the king

Post by stilllearning » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:28 am

I knew this song years ago, but have lost the old tape of the "old" Franz family called, "A child of the king".

All I remember is,
"I'm a child of the king and ?to? ?me? that's ?everything?
"I got His royal blood flowing through my veins"

Sorry that's all I can remember.
----
Can anyone give me the complete lyrics?

A child of the king

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:00 am

chorus is...I'm a child of the King, do you know what that means" It means I've got royal blood flowing through my veins. I'm a child of the King. And to me that's everything. I'm proud to say that I'm a child of the king.

2nd verse is ...When ol' satan comes against me, tries to bring me to the ground. he tells me lies and then he tries to get me feeling down. Well I will not be defeated 'cause I am my Father's son. I'm a joint heir with Jesus Christ, the victory has been won.

cant remember all of the first verse but the last part of it is...
well no use in being disheartened , no use in hanging my head down. I can stand up and proudly say I was lost but now I'm found.

hope that helps!
Brother Jonathan

A child of the king

Post by Brother Jonathan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:59 am

Not sure, but I _think_ Gerald Wolfe's group (Greater Vision?) recorded this one, or maybe the Gold City quartet? No matter who, it's an encouragement to me to know our Father is over ALL and our Lord Jesus will indeed rule as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. "Even so, come Lord Jesus!"
mommabowenof3

A child of the king

Post by mommabowenof3 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:24 am

Chorus is "Yes, oh Yes, I'm a child of the King. His royal blood, now flows through my veins, and I, who was wretched and poor now can sing. Praise God, Praise God, I'm a child of the king."
I'm sorry, that's all I remember!
niki

A child of the king

Post by niki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:15 am

Ok, sang it tonight at church so now I got the first part of verse 1 for you...

Some times I get excited, when I think about who I am; that Jesus Christ would give His life, to turn my all around. No use in being disheartened, no use in hangin' my head down. I can stand up and proudly say "I was lost but now I'm found"...etc. See the second post above for the rest of it.

Hope it helps. niki
tomnkay57

A child of the king

Post by tomnkay57 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:46 am

once i was lost in the rags of my sin
wretched and poor lost and lonely within
but with wondrous compassion the king of all kings
in pity and love took my under his wings

now i'm a child with a heavenly home
my holy father now calls me his own
now i'm washed by his blood and clothed in his love
and someday ill sing with the angels above