"The Pastor"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
shkehunter

"The Pastor"

Post by shkehunter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm looking for the words to "The Pastor" by Crystal River.... Thanks
niki

"The Pastor"

Post by niki » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 am

to the best of my recollection, this is the lyrics...

Just a soldier of the cross, not afraid to pay the cost. and he'd gladly give his all for the call on his life. He's the shepherd of the flock, solid as a rock. and when things are at their darkest, he'll lead you to the light.

(chorus) You call him pastor, you call him friend. you call him anytime you have reached your end. He's always there to comfort, he's there to pray you thru, he's the pastor God has given you.

It's not an easy road, but it's the path he chose. and he wouldn't trade one soul for all the gold in this world. and you'll always find him there, with a smile and a prayer. He lives to reach the lost and preach the word.

repeat chorus twice

I love this song . A true pastor does so much more than just preach a sermon/message. He prays for the people God has trusted him with, he fights, not only his battles but the battles of each of the members of the church. He has the "cares of the church" upon him and he has to get hold of God for each of the members. He is available 24/7 365. He may have to spiritually correct you, but you know he loves you!

And don't forget the Pastor's wife. She is an extension of the pastor and she supports him in prayer and whatever he needs. His calling is her calling also and a pastor that has a wife "in the boat with him" is a blessed and effective pastor. Though the Pastor is the one charged with the flock, she is right there working with him.

I really love my pastor and his wife. I couldn't imagine one without the other, they are a team! God, bless my pastor and his wife! and thank you for giving them to me! Amen.

"The Pastor"

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Wish I could find this video on line so I could send it to my pastor
niki

"The Pastor"

Post by niki » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 am

I wrote the above message on Jan 14, 2014. On March 2, 2014 my pastor went home to the Lord. I miss him very much. His wife is an amazing woman and such an inspiration to me.

God already had it set up that when my pastor took his last step in this life as pastor, my new pastor would take the next one, without missing a beat. The work of God still goes on. God knows exactly what he is doing.

I love my new pastor and his wife and have known them as long as I have known my pastor that has gone "home". They are faithful to God and the congregation and I know they love the work of the Lord and souls.

Always support your pastor and his wife, pray for them and lift them up!

"The Pastor"

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Fantastic song and story.

"The Pastor"

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:24 am

Thats an amazing story!! Very Inspiring!! javascript:paste_string(document.PForm.message,'[up]')