Angel's Welcome by Robert Lowry

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Energy96743

Post by Energy96743 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 am

Aloha Steve,

I've been searching for years. Hope you can help me find this Hymn. Mother's favorite. Learned it in Hawaiian, "Ka Lani Kuu Home", translated by Lorenzo Lyons. in Hawaiian Hymnal, "Na Himeni Haipule Hawaii"; Words and Music by Robert Lowry, 11.11.11.11. with ref. I'm assuming original lyrics were written in English. Just can't seem to find the english lyrics anywhere. Or perhaps it was written in another language???

Mahalo,
Energy
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:37 pm

Aloha Energy!

Just wondering...would it be possible for you to post the solfege (do re mi) of the hymn?

This might make it a little easier to track down. If you're not sure how to do this, you should be able to find a musician somewhere to help :)

Steve

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:48 pm

I emailed a radio station in Hawaii with your info. I will let you know if they respond.

Carla

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:00 pm

Could this be it?

Words & Music: Ro­bert Low­ry (1826-1899) (MI­DI, score).

If you know when this song was writ­ten, would you send us an e-mail? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling downward, through the midnight,
Comes a glorious burst of heav'nly song;
'Tis a chorus full of sweetness-
And the singers are an angel throng.

Refrain

"Glory! glory in the highest!
On the earth goodwill and peace to men!"
Down the ages send the echo;
Let the glad earth shout again!

Wond'ring shepherds see the glory,
Hear the word the shining ones declare;
At the manger fall in worship,
While the music fills the quiv'ring air.

Refrain

Christ the Savior, God's Anointed,
Comes to earth our fearful debt to pay-
Man of sorrows, and rejected,
Lamb of God, that takes our sin away.

Refrain

I got this page from http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/a/n/angelson.htm

Carla

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:18 am

Aloha Carla,

Angel's Song was written by Robert Lowry, however, that's not the song I'm looking for. I think, when the song, Angel's Welcome was translated into Hawaiian by Lorenzo Lyons, he made a mistake or misprint. I'm beginning to think that Angel's Welcome was not written by Lowry, but by someone else. I can fax you the music as published in the Hawaiian Hymnal, "Na Himeni Haipule Hawaii".

If this helps your search, send me your fax number. I sent Steve an email but I haven't recieved a response as of yet.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jeannie
Energy96743

Post by Energy96743 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:50 pm

Aloha Steve & Carla,

Thank you both for all your help and support. There is a Librarian name, Elisabeth, who found it for me. It was found in the Children's Hymnal, Happy Voices, published by the American Track Society. Her Website is "Ask a librarian"
Mahalo again,
Jeannie

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:16 am

Aloha Jeannie!

Sorry I missed your e-mail, but I'm glad to hear you found it! Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the hymn? :)

Thanks,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:38 am

Aloha Steve,

The name of the hymn is "Angel's Welcome", by Rev. Robert Lowry after all!!! And she had the hymnal in her library in the "special collections" section.

Mahalo.
kaimana

Post by kaimana » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:26 am

Aloha can anyone who has the the English translation to that Song "Angels Welcome" (aka) in Hawaiian as "Ka Lani Kuu Home" email me a copy of the English Version, That was my Grandmothers favorite so I know how to sing it all to well, but I would like to see the original version, one of the Elders of the Old Hawaiian people had given us only his translation of the first verse only, but we would like to see what the original version is. please can anyone help me
kaimana

Post by kaimana » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Aloha I've still been waiting to see if anyone has the copy of that song in English Angels Welcome by Robert Lowry (aka) Ka Lani Kuu Home, i'm trying to get a hold of Energy 96743 if they can email me the English Text. Greatly Appreciate it! Mahalo!