I'm Gonna Die On The Battlefield
-
Guest
I'm Gonna Die On The Battlefield
Is there a third verse?
-
songinmyheart
- Posts: 4549
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm
- Contact:
I'm Gonna Die On The Battlefield
I listened to half a dozen renditions and although different recordings break up the verses can't find any other lyrics.
The McKameys recorded and sang it live this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYn6Sg93Cc0
One day when I was thinking on unseen things above
The Savior spoke unto me and filled my heart with love
I used to have some people who walked and talked with me
But since I've been converted they've turned their backs on me
Some say give me silver and some give me gold
I say give me Jesus who saved my dying soul
I'll take this gospel trumpet and I'l begin to blow
Oh Lord if you will help me I'll blow where ever I go
I'm gonna die on the battlefield. I'm gonna die in this war
I'm gonna die on the battlefield with glory in my soul
Another beautiful rendition by the Gulf Coast Trio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZw46mERkw
One day when I was thinking on unseen things above
The Savior spoke to me and filled my heart with love
Some say give me silver and some say give me gold
But I say give me Jesus; He satisfies my soul
I'm wanna die on the battlefield. I'm wanna die in this war
I'm wanna die on the battlefield with glory in my soul
I'll take this gospel trumpet and I'll begin to blow
Oh Lord if you will help me I'll blow where e're I go
Another by Anointed Hearts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwPpaj93hcs
Their chorus is worded:
I'm gonna die on the battlefield. I'm gonna die in this war
I'm gonna die on the battlefield fighting for my Lord
The McKameys recorded and sang it live this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYn6Sg93Cc0
One day when I was thinking on unseen things above
The Savior spoke unto me and filled my heart with love
I used to have some people who walked and talked with me
But since I've been converted they've turned their backs on me
Some say give me silver and some give me gold
I say give me Jesus who saved my dying soul
I'll take this gospel trumpet and I'l begin to blow
Oh Lord if you will help me I'll blow where ever I go
I'm gonna die on the battlefield. I'm gonna die in this war
I'm gonna die on the battlefield with glory in my soul
Another beautiful rendition by the Gulf Coast Trio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZw46mERkw
One day when I was thinking on unseen things above
The Savior spoke to me and filled my heart with love
Some say give me silver and some say give me gold
But I say give me Jesus; He satisfies my soul
I'm wanna die on the battlefield. I'm wanna die in this war
I'm wanna die on the battlefield with glory in my soul
I'll take this gospel trumpet and I'll begin to blow
Oh Lord if you will help me I'll blow where e're I go
Another by Anointed Hearts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwPpaj93hcs
Their chorus is worded:
I'm gonna die on the battlefield. I'm gonna die in this war
I'm gonna die on the battlefield fighting for my Lord
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DuckDuckGo [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 70 guests
