Looking for hard copy with lyrics/music for my Mom's theme song for life: Let me live for the Lord

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Princess Vinson

Looking for hard copy with lyrics/music for my Mom's theme song for life: Let me live for the Lord

Post by Princess Vinson » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:21 am

My Mom died the Thursday after Mother's Day, 2005, at the age of 95. The year before that - on Memorial Day - we had a devastating flood in which we lost much of our possessions - furniture, house, etc. My Mom for many years would sing this song and I had searched thru many paperback song books (some quite old) but to no avail. Finally, I asked her to pen down the words but alas, that was destroyed in the flood. I do not remember all of the words and would love to find it in printed format with the music.

The following are some of the lyrics:

Let me live for the Lord; Let me win life's reward
Then he'll call me above there to dwell in his love,
Let me live for the Lord.

Let me do what I can for my soul's fellowman
As I travel along day by day.

He will always be near; every prayer he will hear
and in sin he will not let me roam
haldith

Post by haldith » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:26 pm

hi all,
i need to find the words to a sond, i dont know the artist but the song goes like this.

if you came back for heaven
would it be like it was then
could we just pick up where we left off
and start it all again

if you came back from heaven
it would stop me in my track
and dont god knows
if he let u go
i'll never send u back