Help - Who will be Jesus today

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:52 pm

I was wondering if someone can give me the words to "Who will be Jesus today? I believe that is the name of it....I sure hope someone can help. My husband would like to sing it at church!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:10 pm

If someone does happen to know the words to this song, please email them to me at [email][email protected].[/email] Thanks so much!! And God Bless!!
MichelleFelts

Post by MichelleFelts » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:43 pm

I found out the name is "Who will be Jesus?" by Gordon Mote.

So if someone can give me the words to this song I would greatly appreciate it. If you happen to email it to me, please be sure to put the name of the song in the subject line so that I will not think that it is spam. ([email protected])

Thanks
MichelleFelts

Post by MichelleFelts » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:52 pm

I found the lyrics!! Thanks anyway!! Just in case someone else would like to have them..here they are:

Verse 1:
He came home from work last night to find that she is gone, | Now he's spending his first Sunday sitting in the pew alone, | There are whispers all around him, his heart breaks in two, | He's wondering who will reach out and help him make it through

Chorus:
Who will be Jesus to him | Who'll show the love that restores him again | He doesn't need a judge, he needs a friend

Verse 2:
She has a reputation like the woman at the well, | The only love she ever knew was the kind she buys and sells, | But her thirsty heart is searching for a love that will be true, | The Savior cries for her to see Himself in me and you

Chorus:
Who will be Jesus to her? | Who'll show the love that's commanded in His word? | Will she see in us the mighty God we serve | Who will Be Jesus to her?

Bridge:
Wounded people everywhere | And when they look at us, do they see Jesus there?

Chorus:
Who Will be Jesus to them? | Who'll show the love that restores them again? | Oh, they do not need a judge, they need a friend, | Who will Be Jesus to them? | Who will be Jesus to them?