Could someone find the lyrics for this old song? Though shadows may fall and my heart gets heavy

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
livingbyfaith

Could someone find the lyrics for this old song? Though shadows may fall and my heart gets heavy

Post by livingbyfaith » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:50 am

It goes something like: "Though shadows may fall and my heart gets heavy and sometimes it seems that there'll never be another day dawning. Then I remember His words, though the night finds me weeping. He promised me and surely there'll be joy in the morning." I think that's the chorus... does anyone know the whole song? THANK YOU!!!

God Bless!
Kayla

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:08 pm

JOY IN THE MORNING

1. TEARS OFTEN FALL FROM MY FACE IN SORROW, AS I WALK ON THRU THE LONG, LONELY NIGHT; AND OFTEN I CRY, YET IT SEEMS NO ONE HEARS ME, BUT THEN THRU THE SHADOWS I CAN SEE THE DAWNING OF LIGHT.

(CHORUS)

THO' SHADOWS MAY FALL AND MY CROSS GETS HEAVY, AND SOMETIMES IT SEEMS THAT I'LL NEVER SEE ANOTHER DAY DAWNING; THEN I REMEMBER HIS WORD, THO' THE NIGHT FINDS ME WEEPING, HE'S PROMISED ME AND SURELY THERE'LL BE JOY IN THE MORNING.

TAG: YES HE PROMISED ME AND SURELY THERE'LL BE JOY IN THE MORNING.

2. NOW SOON THIS LIFE AND ALL OF ITS TRIALS WILL BE LEFT BEHIND, FOR THERE'S A NEW DAY A DAWNING: THEN THE SHADOWS OF SIN WILL VANISH FOREVER, AND FOREVER I'LL FIND WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES, JOY IN THE MORNING.