Gospel song about heaven - I've been traveling many miles

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
pierceth

Gospel song about heaven - I've been traveling many miles

Post by pierceth » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 pm

I heard a song while sitting in the hospital with my mom. The song was performed by a gospel group and was about going to heaven. Some of the key words that I heard "I've been traveling many miles", " I see a cabin", "I see a candle on the table and my mom is setting the table", Please let me go (home)". It helped me a lot that night.

Thanks, Tom
pierceth

Re: Gospel song about heaven - I've been traveling many miles

Post by pierceth » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 am

Just a note about the time I heard it. I'm sitting on my mom's hospital bed in Charlottesville Va. She suffered a brain hemorrhage and the next day we had to decide whether to remove mechanical means of keeping her alive for a week. Listening to the hospital radio stations, a Christian station played this song. Something about that song gave me peace to let my mom go. She was no doubt in heaven already, but the lyrics seemed to be what I needed and perhaps for my mom as well. She is in heaven with her parents now. Any body know of a song like that let me know please

Thanks, Thomas
Bump

Re: Gospel song about heaven - I've been traveling many miles

Post by Bump » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:36 am

I would like the lyrics, too. Please