please help!! would you walk by n the other side

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

please help!! would you walk by n the other side

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Yes, Pam Verrall did indeed write this hymn - she was a family friend, and was, I believe, Head of Music at Aldershot High. My mother Jean Rogers taught music there at the same time.
Claire Cull

Re: please help!! would you walk by n the other side

Post by Claire Cull » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:07 pm

I was also at Aldershot High and distinctly remember Pamela Verrall introducing HER song to our school choir. I remember the performance for the BBC programme included it- I think I was accompanying on guitar. I subsequently taught this hymn to many school children over the years, and citing it as her song. Claire Cull (nee Bonsey).
owlyhoot

Re: please help!! would you walk by n the other side

Post by owlyhoot » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:03 pm

Well that was a blast from the past. Pamela Verrall was my music teacher in high school Aldershot around 1970. She also wrote a Carribbean carol which was broadcast on BBC TV about 1972??? I was the hapless xylophone player in that broadcast which aired on Christmas Eve! Now I KNOW I am getting old! 😂