Only the Sound of The Trumpet

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
KimFromNO

Post by KimFromNO » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Help, please. Does anyone know the second verse?

Chorus: Only the sound of the Trumpet keeps me from going home
If things had been left up to me I'd been gone such a long time ago
I am ready to fly away, oh I'm so anxious for the rapture day
Everything's in order my record's straight Can anyone understand I just can't wait

1st Verse: All the pretty music and All the good songs seem to be saying it won't be long
The king's coming back we'll all march around his throne
I've heard about it since I was a child carried it with me through my troubles and trials
I'm finally tired of talking about it I'm to the place where I'm ready for it
All I want is just to get to my home
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi KFN

I found a couple of renditions that only have the 1 verse.
If there is a 2nd verse, do you have any of the lyrics to go on?

Here is a recording by Johnny Cook and the Happy Goodmans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNO7hn8OApo

SIMH
Sarahangelina1966

Re: Only the Sound of The Trumpet

Post by Sarahangelina1966 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:09 am

This is the other verse....
All you have to do Lord, is tell Gabriel to blow his horn. In the twinkling of an eye, all your children will come on home. Could it be that yet today, You'd allow us to soar away, to the place we've dreamed of for oh so long. Oh Lord, take us home.
2shoes

Re: Only the Sound of The Trumpet

Post by 2shoes » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:49 am

Only the sound of his trumpet keeps me from going home. If things had been left up to me I'd been gone such along time ago, everything is in order and my record is straight. Does anybody understand dose anybody understand I just can't away everything is in order my record is straight dose anybody understand dose anybody understand does anybody understand I just can't wait only the sound of his trumpet keeps me from going home if it was left up to be I'd been gone a long time ago I just can't wait