The auctioneer said who will take him....and he said i will.

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
samantha1

Post by samantha1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:35 am

Lanny Wolfe sang a song, I remember them from my church many years ago, the only line in the lyric is....on the auction block...the auctioneer said who will take him, the room was quiet and clear, a strange man stepped forward and he said I will. This was a slow song and has stuck with me for years also I use to sing this to my daugther when she was abouot 5, now 22.. When your down and out all alone sad and blue and you don't know just where to go, who to see or what to do. I have a friend who cares, he really cares, he cares for you in a way that nobody else, you have ever met, could ever do, for his heart is full of love for everyone, he's faithful and true and his love will see you thru, I have a friend and this friend of mine wants to be your friend too. Also by Lanny Wolfe, trio. Any help is much appreciated to the rest of the lyrics and song titles. Love in Christ!
nursescruffy

Post by nursescruffy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 am

The song with the auctioneer is "Touch of the Master's Hand" and recorded by Wayne Watson. If you would like the lyrics, please let me know. They are rather long and it is lalte tonight. But could post them Tuesday sometime if that would be ok. I will check back.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I really don't know the title for sure but here are the lyrics. I hope this is the one you want.

Just an old rejected relic on the auction block,
They decided to throw me away,
The auctioneer asked who will take her,
The room was quiet, and still,
Then a stranger stepped forward and He said I will.

Cho. If you had known me before I knew Him,
You'd understand why I love Him.
If you had known me before I knew Him,
You'd understand my love.

Well I hadn't very much to offer him,
Just some heart ache and grief,
And a life that was filled with despair,
But for my rags He gave me riches,
And for my fear He traded peace,
And from my old life He gave me a Blessed release.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey, I'm looking for the lyrics to "I just want to know (That You Still Love Me)" by Lanny Wolfe as recorded by the Downings. Can anybody help me out?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Its called " just an old rejected Relic" and the third person that posted got it right on. Great song!
Holyone

Post by Holyone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:28 am

The actual title to the song is If You Had Known Me Before I Knew Him
niki

Post by niki » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 am

Janet paschel also sings "If you had known me before i knew him" and it is awesome!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:02 pm

"If you had know me before I knew him" is only chorus words. The actual name of the song is Auction Block. I love singing this song.
VLopez

Re: The auctioneer said who will take him....and he said i will.

Post by VLopez » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:18 pm

My mother wrote the song that contains these lyrics: "the auctioneer asked who will take him, the room grew quiet and still. Then a stranger stepped forward and he said, I will". These are the lyrics to her song entitled: If You Had Known Me (recorded by my father, Rev Murrell Ewing. Lanny Wolfe was a dear friend of our family and I sung with him for many years.