Hymn Tune: Teach me my God and King by G Herbert

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
[email protected]

Hymn Tune: Teach me my God and King by G Herbert

Post by [email protected] » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:32 pm

Hi, please help me find the name of this tune - I've laboriously pecked it out on a piano to spare you the pain of hearing my voice :lol:

This tune used to be on Youtube, an obscure video similar to Andrew Remillard's videos with just sheet music and piano playing, but I've gone through all of Andrew's versions and can't find it anymore...

What's unique about it is anything is repeated three times, and the ending has an added "seek------thee, as for thee." If I remember correctly.

Please anybody I pray God's wisdom be on you to help me find this tune. I've downloaded it many many years ago and it must be in one of my bsod'd laptops.

PS it won't let me upload midi files, so I'd had to rename it. Just change the extension from jpg to midi thanks
[email protected]

Re: Hymn Tune: Teach me my God and King by G Herbert

Post by [email protected] » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:38 pm

Hi, I can't seem to find the attachment so I'm uploading it again in this reply, thank you. It's now in zip, please rename it to midi.
Attachments
Teach me my God.zip
(11.53 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Coolactual

Post by Coolactual » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 am

Hi brothers and sisters I just created an account and also these two links for more convenient listening

Please check these out: https://voca.ro/15EoxIxOOuYr (voice)
https://voca.ro/17drOZ60vV9x (my painstaking piano-pecking version)
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:43 am

Hi Coolactual,

Unfortunately I looked and looked and couldn't find it anywhere. Hopefully someone else will pick up the search.

FYI, my favorite tool for searches like this is this tool at Hymnary.org that lets you search by melody.

https://hymnary.org/melody/search

Unfortunately when I keyed in your melody it turned up no results. But hopefully as they add more hymns to their index, yours might eventually be findable here.

I'll keep searching for other tools like this, but this is probably the most advanced one available today.
Coolactual

Post by Coolactual » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:08 pm

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the encouraging message. I'll keep on looking. These days I plan to dig up my 10 year old hard drives and give them a (figurative) shaking. Then I'll upload that solitary Youtube vid here.