Looking, Preparing for Easter gospel songs

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
mummykins

Looking, Preparing for Easter gospel songs

Post by mummykins » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:40 am

Just any Easter song you can find, such as He is risen, He arose. Put the lyrics on here, and I appreciate it very much.
Maybe other musicians will sing them too.
Easter songs I consider to be about Jesus rising from the dead etc.
Good Easter category
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Preacher_Jon

Re: Looking, Preparing for Easter gospel songs

Post by Preacher_Jon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:29 pm

Some classics are "Low In The Grave He Lay" or "Christ Arose (I've seen both titles) but that one may not be the most comfortable for children. The chorus has some very high notes. I sing bass so there's no problem for me but there would be if I had to lead that one!

One beautiful Easter song that doesn't get much use these days is Charles Wesley's "Christ The Lord Is Risen Today".

For those favoring something kinda-sorta contemporary, 2nd Chapter oF Acts song "Hear The Bells Ringing" is one of my all time favorites. One time at church, the soloist, who had a tremendous range, nearly raised the roof when she hit that high note near the end!

And for a simple chorus, "He is Lord, He is Lord; He has risen from the dead and He is Lord! Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess, that Jesus Christ is Lord". I don't remember the author or composer.

Hoping this helps!
knothead

Post by knothead » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:12 pm

Jesus ain't dead anymore, he did what he came here for. The church got the good news, the devil got the bad news, Jesus ain't dead anymore.
This song is on youtube by Betty Robinson. So beautiful.

Tips for transcribing songs from video. Let it play a sentence, then type it on document, a little at a time, until you get your whole song. If you have trouble understand the words they sing, put earphones on, this closes out all other noises.

HOPE THIS HELPS, HAPPY EASTER TOMORROW. IF YOU'RE GOING TO GET EASTER SONGS BETTER HURRY AND GET THE LEAD OUT
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm

I love questions like this :)

Here are some of the most iconic Easter hymns:

Christ Arose (Low in the Grave He Lay)
One Day
He Lives
Because He Lives
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Jesus Christ Is Risen Today
I Know That My Redeemer Lives
The Strife is O'er
Rejoice and Be Glad

Here are a few hymns I didn't know before, but thanks to the members of our community for posting them and keeping them alive.

Worthy Is the Risen Lamb
He Is Risen
May the Book of Life Never Close
The Stone Was Rolled Away

Have a wonderful Easter, and never forget that our Redeemer lives! :)