I Walked Into The Garden They Called Gethsemane

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
gadget

Post by gadget » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 am

The song starts with "I walked into the Garden they called Gethsemane, It was there I knew the Savior died for me, It was a lovely garden...." I have been searching for the lyrics for a long time. It came from some very old sheet music, which I have long ago lost. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:18 pm

I have also been looking for this song and I found it recently in a Hymn book I had,

I walked into the Garden,
they called Gethsamane,
and there it was I knew
the savior died for me.
I walked into the garden
and breathed the purest air,
it was a lovely garden
For Jesus had been here.

I walked into the Garden
My soul was sancified
For there it was I knew
That Christ had never died
I walked out of the Garden
My love was cleansed of sin
Oh, yes, I know the reason
It was because of him.

Come with me to the garden
And lay your burden there,
For Jesus knows your sorrows,
Knows tour ev'ry care.
Recieve His grace and pardon,
Confess your ev'ry sin
Come with me to the garden
And dw ell in Peace with him,
gadget

Post by gadget » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:37 pm

Thank you, I very much appreciate your help.
gadget

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Sygnet

Thankyou so much. Used to sing this hymn as a child at Methodist church and couldn't find it in new hymn books.
Doris Warren

Post by Doris Warren » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I have the words to this lovely hymn and the music somewhere, however, I cannot find the music at the moment and want to sing this at my father's funeral service.
Can anyone let me have a copy of the music or let me know where I can purchase same.
Many thanks.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 am

Thank you, much appreciated. Just a comment, verse 2, wouldn't it be "my life was cleansed of sin", not "my love"?
keynoter

Post by keynoter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:33 pm

If anyone has the music to "I Walked Into the Garden Called Gathsemane" or can tell me where to find it, I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
Keynoter

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:16 pm

The second verse is VERY wrong. Christ DID die but he ROSE again. This is the basis of our Christian faith. the copyist or the song writer are very wrong!!!Also it would definitely be 'life' cleansed of sin. We must be very careful when relating the Gospel in any form.This form of the song should not be performed as a Christian act of worship unless the doctrine is right.' there I knew that Christ for me had died'. this would correct it.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Surely this song is NOT Biblically correct.? Christ did not die in the Garden and it is not in the garden we find cleansing but at the Cross. I feel there is a lot of sentiment in this song but not accurate . We dont want to be singing lies in worship! Can anyone enlighten me?