Hymn Lyrics - "one day at a time sweet Jesus "

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 am

I'm only Human, I'm just a MAN
Lord help me believe in all that I DO and all that I AM
Show me the stairway, I have to climb
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time

Ch: One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking of you
Just give me the strength to do everyday, what I have to do
Yesterdays gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today show me the way
One day at a time.

Do you remember, when you walked among men,
Well Jesus you know, WHEN you"r looking below
Its worse now THAN then.
THERE'S PUSHING AND SHOVING
THERE ARE CROWDING MY MIND

Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:48 am

Thank you so much for the words to this beautiful song. This is one frequent request of people in the nursing homes.
GodsChickyDee

Post by GodsChickyDee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:38 am

My mom used to play this record when i was a kid yes record!!! This is how it goes Im pretty sure..

Verse1.. Im only human Im just a woman....Lord Help me believe in what i can be and all that I am...Show me the stairway i have to climb...So Lord for my sake teach me to take .. Just one day at a time..
Chorus
One day at a time sweet Jesus thats all im asking from you ..Give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do.. Yesterdays gone sweet Jesus and tommorrow may never be mine .. So for me sake teach me to take just one day at a time..
Verse2..'
Lord do you remember when you walked among men...Now Jesus ya know cus your looking below that its worse now than then..There's pushin and shovin; crowding my mind...so for my sake teach me to take just one day at a time..
Repeat Chorus

And folks who think it says man it says woman cus it was a woman that sang it but its for men too,,
Kim Blanton

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:08 am

I would like to purchase CD with this hymn, Does anybody know where? What artist and what title is of the hymn?
I am looking for English version This was very popular song in first half of 80's some 25-27 years ago.
Please help.
Nick Domagala
[email protected]
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 am

Hi Nick,

You may be thinking of Cristy Lane, whose version reached #1 on the country charts in 1980. You can hear the track on iTunes here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/one-d ... =715577336

Her album is available on Amazon here...

Cristy Lane

Actually, the first person to record the song (written by Kris Kristoffersen and Marijohn Wilkin) was Marilyn Sellars in 1974. She is still performing today, and you can hear her sing it on this album:

Marilyn Sellars

Thanks,
Steve

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:44 am

i need only the instrumental of this song..i have a comp tmw and would love if somebody could find it online for me..i searched and couldn find it..Thanks for teh help.

pls mail me at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 pm

my wedding has been finally fixed and the date has been arranged by my parents. i had mixed feelings about this whole proposal...but my mother in law to be who is not aware of the turmoils in my mind called me on saturday evening and sang this to me. i don't know how...but God just led her to sing this to me and strangely it brought me so much peace...
i listened to 3 different versions of this song on you tube on saturday itself...
God bless you all,
Lin

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:06 am

I am touched by reading the comments on this song. This is a song of hope in the Lord. One who has hit the rock bottom, one who has experienced complete failure, one whose dreams and plans are shattered would find solace in this beautiful song. God bless...
Someone wanted the lyrics of this song and I googled. Fortunately I found this site. Cannot believe this dialogue is on for more than 2 years!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 am

its so cool to love jesus!

& its cool to see people
who love jesus.. [:

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:38 pm

What Bible verse inspired the song One Day ata Time