"I HAVE BEEN BLESSED" - You need to sing this song!

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:21 am

Bro Mike Comepton of Richlands, Va did write this song! I know this for a fact!!! he wrote it around 5 or 6 years ago, he does attend Keen Mountain Free Pentecostal Holiness Church, and is a member of the Keen Mountain Brothers singing group and noone can sing it like him!!!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

If anyone could e-mail me or mail me the sheet music to this song I would greatly appreciate it. [email protected] and my adress is 10 Porsche Dr. Cabot, AR 72023

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:29 am

Chuck Compton wrote the song, lead singer of The Comptons. They have a website, I believe it's comptonministries.com

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:10 pm

The first and best rendition I heard of this song was sung by the "Solid Rock Baptist Church Youth Choir". It is so sweet hearing these children sing this song.

I have a copy of their CD, I purchased it through the radio station I listen to online, King of Kings radio. They are out of Kentucky.

This church is in Corbin, Kentucky and their phone# is 606-344-1721.

I have done quite a bit of research on it and still have not found out who actually wrote this song. As you can see from the above postings, people have thrown out a lot of names but, I don't know that any of those people are actually the songwriter at all.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:17 pm

The writer was Mike Compton I know him personally I go to church with him. He wrote the song probably 5 years ago. This is a new song to all of you but I have had the pleasure of hearing it for five years.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Just for the record if you wanna check it he has the song copyrighted.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

can the sheet music or chords be purchased? i don't care who wrote it; just want my youth choir to sing it.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:26 pm

This is one of my favorite songs, I do have a few, Send the fire by the Rochesters, I can pray and this one. It is not very often, now a days, that the Spirit moves in our services, and its not because He is not there, but because we dont allow Him to move within us or our services. Just like the song says in Send the Fire, I am tired of the same ol thing, we need to pray for revival and for God to move within our churches, we do not see people running to the alters like we did in days of old, I must say I have never experienced that kind of a service, but would like to before the Lord calls me home. We need to be on fire for God, we need to pray for our Pastors and our President, even if we dont agree with him and we need to pray for Isreal. I am thankful that God has given everyone a talent and I am thankful for the ones that put it to use for his service.

Constance
High Point, NC