YOU CAN'T HURRY GOD WHY DON'T YOU WAIT MY BROTHER

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
mynaime

Post by mynaime » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Looking for the lyrics to this very old Pentecostal song. Any help appreciated!
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

In searching through Pentecostal songs, this is the only version I could come up with. If this isn't it, please give us any lyrics or leads so we can find it for you

Chorus:
You can't hurry God, you've just got to wait, You've got to trust Him and give Him time, No matter how long it takes. He's a God that you can't hurry, He'll be there don't you worry. He may not come when you want Him, but He's right on time.

Job was sick so long they said the flesh fell from his bones. He lost his house, cattle, and children, Don't you know everything Job had was gone? He said, "Since these afflictions came on me I'm gonna wait until the change comes." He may not come when you want Him, but He's right on time.

(Chorus)

Daniel was a man of prayer, He knew that God was there. When they tried to take His life, He knew everything would be just fine. He said, "For God I'll live and for God I'll die, I'm gonna serve the Lord until the day I die!" He may not come when you want Him, but He's right on time.

(Chorus)
offkeybrenda

Post by offkeybrenda » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 am

You can't hurry The Lord, now just you wait my brother,
Trusting in His Word, that you have heard.
Keep on calling on Him, and in some way or other,
He will come and answer prayer

Often you have felt you couldn't go no longer

[insufficient memory at this time, but I hope this is helpful]