Don't you wonder why the stars are in the sky / I found a new way to brighten my path each day

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Don't you wonder why the stars are in the sky / I found a new way to brighten my path each day

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:05 am

Please help me find the complete lyrics of these two(2) songs of the 70's. The first song goes like this, Don't you wonder why the stars are in the sky they're telling you and I of the glory of God. Every towering tree.....?
.........? of the glory of God.
Some of the lyrics of the second song are these, I found a new way to brighten my path each day as I traveled along ..........? Now He's with me to stay, I found a new way.
I would be very grateful if you could provide to me lyrics of these songs which I remembered sung by my elder brother (who has gone with the Lord years ago) when I was yet a child.
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I think your first request is Psalm 19 by Sonny Salsbury
Don't you wonder why, the stars are in the sky?
They're telling you and I of the glory of God."¨And every towering tree, is there for folks to see.
So there no doubt can be of the glory of God?"¨So, let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart,
so the same thing for Thee. And, a witness be - to the glory of God.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:34 am

Thank you so much for this lyrics. I'm more than happy to have it. God bless

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 am

The second verse: Comes the morning sun, to make the darkness run, and say that day's begun for the glory of God; when the shadows fall, and the night winds call, they're telling one and all of the glory of God, So let the words of my mouth... It's a great song. We sang it in Christian HS in the 70's

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:12 pm

That we used to sing in high school in San Jose ca
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi Guest
What High School did you go to in San Jose CA and what years?
Nancy
SacMan

Re: Don't you wonder why the stars are in the sky / I found a new way to brighten my path each day

Post by SacMan » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:04 am

Too bad it’s grammatically incorrect. “I” is not an object. Unfortunately “me” doesn’t rhyme with “why” and “sky”.
another guest

Re: Don't you wonder why the stars are in the sky / I found a new way to brighten my path each day

Post by another guest » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:43 am

I just looked up this "Sonny Salsbury song" and the picture of him has "1964-2014". I wonder how old he was when he wrote this song. We sang it in the early to mid 70's at youth Christian camp near the Bay Area (There were two camps I went to and can't remember which one we sang it at, but that's where I first heard it and learned it (Don't You Wonder Why the Stars Are In the Sky). The one camp was Koinonia in Santa Cruz mountains. I found you today cause the song was in my head (at least parts of it) and wondered what the title was so I could find it. Thank you!
me again

Post by me again » Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:47 am

another guest wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:43 am I just looked up this "Sonny Salsbury song" and the picture of him has "1964-2014". I wonder how old he was when he wrote this song. We sang it in the early to mid 70's at youth Christian camp near the Bay Area (There were two camps I went to and can't remember which one we sang it at, but that's where I first heard it and learned it (Don't You Wonder Why the Stars Are In the Sky). The one camp was Koinonia in Santa Cruz mountains. I found you today cause the song was in my head (at least parts of it) and wondered what the title was so I could find it. Thank you!
I should have said in the late 1960's or early 1970's as by the time 1976 was around I was graduating high school and camp was far in the rear view mirror of history for me.