Lost Hymns - When a Knight Won His Spurs

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Libby

Post by Libby » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 pm

I remeber singing a hymn at school similar to When A Knight Won His Spurs, but the title is lost within my younger mind!! All I remember is that half way through it sang about looking into a white room, where men were talking about war, possibly giving up their weapons. I know it is very vague, but it was a very good song.
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Libby,

Actually, SingerForGod provided these lyrics back in December. You can view them here:

http://www.namethathymn.com/hymn-lyrics ... pic&t=1062

Enjoy!
Steve
Libby

Post by Libby » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:19 pm

I have looked at those lyrics but unfortunately not the song I was looking for. There was a verse that was about how I looked through a door or window into a white room, possibly a paper room??????
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:15 pm

Hi Libby,

Sorry about that--I misread your original e-mail. Do you happen to remember any other details about the song? Was it the same hymn tune as "When a Knight Won His Spurs"? Any other tidbits from the verses you might recall?

Thanks!
Steve

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:46 pm

Oh what memories! When I Knight won his spurs. We used to sing it on St Georges Day at School