Lyrics to You Never Mentioned Jesus to Me

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Blessedmomof3

Post by Blessedmomof3 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:51 am

Does anyone have the lyrics to the song "You Never Mentioned Jesus to Me"?
HEKEEPSME

Post by HEKEEPSME » Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 pm

YOU NEVER MENTIONED HIM TO ME
WRITTEN BY JAMES ROWE
ARR. BY OTIS L MCCOY
COPYWRIGHT 1949

VERSE 1
WHEN IN THE BETTER LAND, BEFORE THE BAR WE STAND
HOW DEEPLY GRIEVED OUR SOULS WILL BE
IF ANY LOST ONE THERE, SHOULD CRY IN DEEP DESPAIR

VERSE 2
O LET US SPREAD THE WORD, WHERE-EER IT MAY BE HEARD
HELP GROPING SOULS THE LIGHT TO SEE
THAT YONDER NONE MAY SAY, YOU SHOWED ME NOT THE WAY

VERSE 3
A FEW SWEET WORDS MAY GUIDE, A LOST ONE TO HIS SIDE
OR TURN SAD EYES ON CALVARY
SO WORK AS DAYS GO BY, THAT YONDER NONE MAY CRY

CHORUS
NOR HELP ME THE LIGHT TO SEE
YOU MET ME DAY BY DAY AND KNEW I WAS A-STRAY
Blessedmomof3

Post by Blessedmomof3 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks so much! I'm planning to sing this at our church revival tonight. I know how the tune goes, but couldn't remember all the words! What a sad, but true song. I sing a similar song called Sorry I never knew you that gets lots of requests. THANKS AGAIN!
HEKEEPSME

Post by HEKEEPSME » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm

THE WRITER OF "SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU" I KNEW PERSONALLY. HIS NAME WAS REV. HENKEL LITTLE, FROM TAYLORSVILLE, NC. BRO. HENKEL PASSED AWAY IN 1988. WHAT A SAD DAY TO LOOSE SUCH A GREAT MAN OF GOD. I WILL SEE HIM AGAIN ONE DAY THOUGH. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT REVIVAL, ONE THAT MIGHT SPREAD ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
REBEKAH

Post by REBEKAH » Wed May 09, 2007 5:50 pm

here's another one that is similar to that song and it's really sad but true. i dont know who sings it though sorry about that but i thought you might enjoy this one too.

my friend i stand in judgement now i feel that you're to blame somehow, on earth i walked beside you day by day. you could have led me straight to him, my knowledge then was very dim but never once did you show me the way.
you called me friend but that was then, we were young and best of friends living here on good ole planet earth, but now i know that it's too late you could have kept me from this fate you never told me of that second birth

chorus: now i'm lost forever im burning in these awful flames im suffering so much pain here and through it all i see your face. i'm glad youre bound for heaven and you wont reach this bitter end but it's so hard to stay here knowing that you were once my friend.

verse2: you taught me many things that's true i called you friend i trusted you, we walked by day and talked a lot at night, but now i know that it's too late you could have kept me from this fate and showed me how to walk in path of light. oh but you let me live and love and die you knew i'd never live on high so i now i stand each day at last condemned yes i called you my friend in life, trusted you through joy and strife but now i see that you were not my friend.

repeat chorus

ending: so tell your friends about the lord and then they will always call you friend
trres

Post by trres » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:57 am

Do you know if there is sheet music for "Sorry I Never Knew You"?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:47 pm

trying to find the words to the song rebekah posted i have been looking for it forever

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 am

do you know who wrote the song you never memntioned jesus to me and if itspublic domane

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:54 pm

John h Gaines

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

My wifes Great Grandfather. He wrote a few songs before he died at an early age in 1908.