Calvary's Hill

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Calvary's Hill

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 pm

The words are like this ...

One morning at day break the crowd slowly gathered, they were walking my Lord up Calvary's hill,

Chrous: And I want to thank Jesus for the plan of salvation, to say Lord I love you, for you understand, and I want to be there on that great judgement morning

I am looking for the lyrics for this song. I want to sing it in church
sthrnldy1969

Calvary's Hill

Post by sthrnldy1969 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:08 am

so glad u asked about this song... my dad and i sing it almost everytime we do a special...these are the words as we sing it..its an old wilma lee and stoney cooper. We arent great singers, but it always seems to get alot of requests and people always comment on the song. We do the song with me saying the words and him singing them afterwards and us joining in on the last line of each verse and chorus...it really humbles me and makes me think of the sacrifice each time i hear it or we sing it....know youll do great...God bless...debbie

Walking my Lord(up Calvary's Hill)

On the cross as He hung
Shame was forsaken
As they drove the nails in His hands and His feet
As death closed His eyes His cries went to Heaven,
"Oh, Father, forgive them." I hear him repeat

CHORUS One morning past daybreak
As the crowd slowly gathered
Like a sheep He was humble to His Father's own will
So sad was His face that the birds stopped (or hushed) their singing
They were walking my Lord up Calvary's Hill

In a tomb He was laid
But death could not hurt Him
He was God's chosen Son in this world below
On the cross He fulfilled the plan of salvation
I want to thank Jesus for He's coming again
sthrnldy1969

Calvary's Hill

Post by sthrnldy1969 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:12 am

Also, this is the way I've heard it. The lines u have for the chorus is actually the third verse, which i've only heard a few times before, but the last line after "i want to be there on that great judgement morning is:

"To kiss of the nail prints on His feet and His hands"

Let me know if this is what u need.....debbie