Rock Rock Rock Little Boat

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
REWood

Post by REWood » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:46 pm

A lady in my over-60's group asked me to try and find this old children's hymn- it's about Jesus calming the storm in Galilee and the chorus starts with the phrase "Rock Rock Rock little boat, out on the restless sea" (we think!). Joyce's mother sang it to her as a lullaby, so it must go back to 1920 or earlier- and she has passed it on to her daughter and granddaughter but has forgotten some of the words. Can you help?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 am

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the darkening sea,
rock, rock, rock, dear Jesus rides in thee,
rock, rock, rock, ******************************,
for Jesus rides in the little boat. on blue Galilee.

This is all I remember of this song, I hope it helps as I'm looking for it as well.

Stephen B.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:41 am

The name of the song is "The Boat on Galilee!"

'
Angiemaz

Re: Rock Rock Rock Little Boat

Post by Angiemaz » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:49 am

My mum taught me.
Rock, rock, rock. Little boat on the sparkling sea. Rock, rock, rock, dear Jesus rides in there. Rock, rock, rock, over the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus rides in the little boat on blue Galilee.
Superlynx

Post by Superlynx » Sat May 09, 2020 2:44 am

My family used to sing this song too, my mother on the piano (she plays beautifully) and daddy leading out - singing and feeding us (the children) the words. This beautiful song is one of my all time childhood favorites. I only remember fragments of the verses....

I
When Jesus lived on the earth long ago, and taught the people here.
He went in a boat on the blue Galilee with His disciples there.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the sparkling sea. Gently rock, dear Jesus rides in thee.
Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus lies in the little boat on blue Galilee.

II
Then the clouds grew dark and the winds blew strong........???.........
The disciples feared in that little boat on stormy Galilee

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the stormy sea, gently rock dear Jesus rides in thee. Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus sleeps in the little boat on stormy Galilee.

III
Then Jesus woke and spoke to the storm.........He said to the waves "be still".
The sky grew bright and the winds grew calm, the waves obeyed His will.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the sparkling sea, gently rock, dear Jesus rides in thee.
Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus rides in the little boat on beautiful Galilee.

Such beautiful words, I wish I could find this song again, in its entirety.
Superlynx

Post by Superlynx » Sat May 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Superlynx wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:44 am My family used to sing this song too, my mother on the piano (she plays beautifully) and daddy leading out - singing and feeding us (the children) the words. This beautiful song is one of my all time childhood favorites. I only remember fragments of the verses....

I

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the sparkling sea. Gently rock, dear Jesus rides in thee.
Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus lies in the little boat on blue Galilee.

II
Then the clouds grew dark and the winds blew strong........???.........

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the stormy sea, gently rock dear Jesus rides in thee. Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus sleeps in the little boat on stormy Galilee.

III
Then Jesus woke and spoke to the storm.........He said to the waves "be still".

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the sparkling sea, gently rock, dear Jesus rides in thee.
Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus rides in the little boat on beautiful Galilee.

Such beautiful words, I wish I could find this song again, in its entirety.
My family used to sing this song too, my mother on the piano (she plays beautifully) and daddy leading out - singing and feeding us (the children) the words. This beautiful song is one of my all time childhood favorites. I only remember fragments of the verses....

I

II
Then the clouds grew dark and the winds blew strong the waves rolled o're the sea.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the stormy sea. Rock, rock, rock dear Jesus rides in thee. Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus sleeps in the little boat on stormy Galilee.

III
Then Jesus woke and spoke to the storm, He said to the waves "be still".

I

II
Then the clouds grew dark and the winds blew strong the waves rolled o're the sea.
The disciples feared in that little boat on stormy Galilee.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the stormy sea, rock, rock, rock dear Jesus rides in thee. Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus sleeps in the little boat on stormy Galilee.

III

Superlynx

Post by Superlynx » Sat May 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Since my original posting, I've been trying to edit and correct some mistakes, but the errors frustratingly appear to be etched in stone......or maybe I'm technologically challenged. :| Anyway this is my most recent attempt.
I

II
The disciples feared in that little boat on stormy Galilee.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the stormy sea, rock, rock, rock dear Jesus rides in thee. Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flee. For Jesus sleeps in the little boat on stormy Galilee.

III

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue May 10, 2022 2:07 pm

When Jesus lived on the earth long ago, He taught the people here
He went in a boat on the blue Galilee with His disciples dear.

Jesus worked all day doing good for all, and as tired as He could be
He went to sleep in the little boat on Blue Galilee.

Then the lightning flashed and the wind blew wild, the waves swept o're the sea
The disciples feared in the little boat on Stormy Galilee.

When Jesus woke and He saw the storm, He said to the waves, Be still.
Then the sky turned bright and the wind grew calm. The waves obeyed His will.

Rock, rock, rock, little boat on the sparkling sea, Rock, rock, rock, King Jesus rides in thee
Rock, rock, rock, o're the waters swiftly flea, King Jesus rides in the little boat on Blue Galilee.