Looking for a song I know the chorus to...I'm gonna shout Hallelujah when the saints go marching in!

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
Melly Dee

Looking for a song I know the chorus to...I'm gonna shout Hallelujah when the saints go marching in!

Post by Melly Dee » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi! I remember my Grandma singing a song in church as a "special" I only remember the chorus but I think she learned it from The Singing Cooke's? I've searched everywhere with no luck, and y'all are my last hope!

The chorus is as follows:

I'm gonna shout Hallelujah when the saints go marching in! I'm gonna sing praises to the Lord for saving me from sin! I'll have a brand new song, that the angels cannot sing, on that great coronation day, when they crown him King of Kings.
daleleblanc

Re: Looking for a song I know the chorus to...

Post by daleleblanc » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:41 am

It sounds like the song named "When the Saints Go Marching In" or simply "The Saints Go Marching In."
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:13 pm

Hi Melly Dee
I've been researching apps that can identify songs by singing the words or humming the tunes.
Some songs are easily identifiable but I'm finding old Gospel songs are challenging but worth a try

You can try Shazam, SoundHound, or Musixmatch by downloading their app
or use Google "To use the new feature on a mobile device, open the latest version of the Google app or find the Google Search widget.
Tap on the mic icon and say “what’s this song?” or click the “Search a song” button. Then start humming for 10 to 15 seconds."

If you find any of these tools are helpful, let us know
Nancy
songinmyheart

Post by songinmyheart » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:13 pm

Hi Melly Dee
I've been researching apps that can identify songs by singing the words or humming the tunes.
Some songs are easily identifiable but I'm finding old Gospel songs are challenging but worth a try

You can try Shazam, SoundHound, or Musixmatch by downloading their app
or use Google "To use the new feature on a mobile device, open the latest version of the Google app or find the Google Search widget.
Tap on the mic icon and say “what’s this song?” or click the “Search a song” button. Then start humming for 10 to 15 seconds."

If you find any of these tools are helpful, let us know
Nancy