Yahwah I know you are near

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Me too! Used this when I was worship leader decades ago, but had lost track of my copy of the words. What a blessing that someone finally put it on the web where I could find it! May God bless you exponentially for this blessing to me and apparently a lot of others! Felicity, on Maui

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:59 pm

This song is sung frequently at "Walk to Emmaus" gatherings. It is one of the favorites and most requested.
Judy

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 am

where can I go to hear the song on the internet?
steveliu
Site Admin

Post by steveliu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:37 pm

A lot of the most popular hymns requested on this site, including this one, can be heard here:

http://www.namethathymn.com/favorite-hy ... loads.html

Just scroll to the very bottom, and navigate to the very last video. You'll hear a very nice version of You Are Near.

God bless,
Steve

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 am

Interestingly, the Vatican has just prohibited the use of songs and hymns with the Hebrew name of God ( Yah___). So, if the song has a use in a Catholic setting, it may need to be changed. What is a good substitute? "Father"?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:17 pm

The appropriate word to use when reading or singing the Tetragrammaton, as is made very clear in the statement by the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, is "Lord".

It amazes me that people gush about how much they love this "song", and pay so little attention to the inspired psalm (Psalm 139) of which it is only a poor paraphrase..

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 pm

ths is one of my favorite prasing songs. its nice and sweet. We sang this song when my dad passed away and it gave my heart this healing inside. Thanks for putting it on here. Carol

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 am

i love this song... :)

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:41 am

so do i got stocked in my brain.....but its so nice to listen into it
so calm, it will make me cry too

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:40 pm

i love this hymn....I feel God in this hymn