"Whatever it Tkes to Draw Closer to You, Lord"

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
niki

Post by niki » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:18 am

I know this is just the chords but it is better than nothing and it is how I play it. I did this from memory so some of it may be a little off but I think I got it right

D D7 G D Bm
There's a voice calling me from an old rugged tree, and it whispers, "draw

E A D D7 G Gm
closer to me. Leave this world far behind there are new heights to climb

D A A7 D
and a new place in me you will find."

D D7 G D Bm E
And what ever it takes to draw closer to you lord, that's what I'd be willing

A D D7 G Gm D A A7
to do. And what ever it takes to be more like you, that's what I'd be willing

D
to do

of course use the same chords for the other verses.

The last part goes like this (I think)

G G7 D D7 Bm E A
I'd trade sunshine for rain, comfort for pain. That's what I'd be willing to do.

D D7 G Gm D A A7 D
And what ever it takes for my will to break, that's what I'd be willing to do.

(I think that's it anyway)
niki

Post by niki » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 am

OK, when it posted, the chords shifted some to the right so you have to move them to the left. It doesn't usually do that, hummm?

But you can feel where the chord change is supposed to be. It's late and I don't want to have to type that again. God Bless all who serve Him and who really live this song!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi. I found the words but not the chords. Could someone post the chords to this forum or send to [email protected]? Thank you!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:00 pm

hi. sorry, somehow I didnt see the second page until after I posted. Thank you! This will help tremendously!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:54 am

Looking for the lyrics in spanish for "whatever it takes" and I need the sheetmusic also. if anyone know the lyrics in spanish that would be AmaZing! if not, I'll translate it if you could email me [email protected]

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm

I would really appreciate a copy of this song as well! Thanks! [email protected]

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm

I have a choral arrangement of it I think

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for posting this great song online. Whoever wrote it,I have the cause to be grateful for it's powerful impact on those who have chosen the narrow path to walk with the Lord.
With all the modern innovations and worldly ways eating deep into the fabric of the church today,one wonders if there are still people especially in the western world who are willing to say 'whatever it takes' to please the Lord Jesus Christ,they'll be willing to do.
I love this song,because it speaks in line with the call the Lord gave on taking the cross and following Him. I recommend that we should not just sing it for the melody,but for the purpose of laying all on His altar and be willing to be nothing than just what the Lord Jesus Christ would want us be. God bless you!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am

I would like the music to this song. Have looked for it for many years. Please send to [email protected]
Thanks so much!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:30 pm

I heard this song only recently, and immediately fell in love with it. I too would like the sheet music. Please send to [email][email protected]...[/email] Many thanks