Looking for lyrics please....."Lord of Life, Lord of Love..."

This is where you can post a request for a hymn search (to post a new request, simply click on the words "Hymn Lyrics Search Requests" and scroll down until you see "Post a New Topic").
ElizabethM

Post by ElizabethM » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:14 pm

I used to sing this simple song in church as a child - that would be in the 50's-60's for me!
I'd greatly appreciate any help finding the lyrics - i've looked & looked on google for the last couple years without success.

here are the phrases i remember:
"Lord of Life, Lord of Love, this my prayer shall be....."
"faith to follow thee...."

thanks so much!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Found it! Your words are the words that I remember, too. However they aren't the most popular lyrics for this tune. Usually it is called "Going Home". Music from Dvorak's New World Symphony. Beautiful video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W19CU3zwxkM

I can't remember any more of the words than you do in "our" version, but at least I found the tune.

Sheet music here: http://www.lnwhymns.com/products/hymns/15.htm

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm

I sing in a chorus here in Beregamo Italy and the lyrics suggested to us are the ones of Raymong Klages:
down de road,down the road, on my way to home, tired and blue, weary too, neber more to roam. Friends of olt, hearts of gold fill my memory, no more tears happy years waitin' dere for me. Down the road, down de road gentle voices call, and I guess happiness calls me down de road.
Down de road down de road der's a restin' place, when I'm dere I'll great care, wid a smilin'face Skies of grey pass away wid each weary mile. Home-ward bent, feel content happy all the while. Down the road, roud de bend all my troubles end for I'll find peace of mind waiting down de road
MikeG

Re: Looking for lyrics please....."Lord of Life, Lord of Love..."

Post by MikeG » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:36 pm

It's the song "And Every Day Prayer," by Edith Sanford Tillotson, tune I know is by Antonin Dvorak
MikeG

Re: Looking for lyrics please....."Lord of Life, Lord of Love..."

Post by MikeG » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:40 pm

the refrain is: "Lord of light, Lord of love, this our prayer shall be, Grace to choose, will to serve, faith to follow Thee, Faith to follow Thee."